free website stats program Sad Day :( | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad Day :(

Well I bought the bike :D:D:D:D and what a difference from the Wideglide. The RoadKing is a completely different ride, I really like it. I am so happy now to have side bags and hate to say I like the windshield. The bike is almost stock, but very clean for being 10 years old, I mean it is not even broke in yet with the mileage. I looked it over really good and test rode the bike and it rode great and did not pull to either side. There was a little corrision in places and a couple of bad rust spots on the rims, but all and all it is very clean, I mean corrision and rust spots means new parts right? I really like the seller aswell, he seems to be a good guy, I enjoyed talking with him.

I started to think last night that if this bike did not work out that I was going to the dealer Monday to buy a 2010 Sunglo Red RoadKing they have on inventory or a 2010 Black Street Glide, but fortunately it worked out!! I really wanted a StreetGlide, I have had my eye on one for a few years now, but the RoadKing is just as nice. I defiantly have to say that it is more fun being the buyer than the seller :18:

Congratulations on your new RK...maybe we should rename this thread..."Sad Day, Redemption...Later that Day" or A Tale of Two Bikes..." or A twist of fortune ala RichardS...SdrahciR in one day (shortest post on record for selling and buying)! Just don't see any Sadness here!:D

Great that you have now got a bike you really like next thing to do is update your profile and change the ride on your avatar or when you ask a question most will think you still have the wide glide

Brian

This would be a non-factor for me. In this day and age, I wouldn't want anyone coming to my home either as long as I was selling an item that could easily be viewed elsewhere.

I agree with ya there

Well I bought the bike :D:D:D:D and what a difference from the Wideglide. The RoadKing is a completely different ride, I really like it. I am so happy now to have side bags and hate to say I like the windshield. The bike is almost stock, but very clean for being 10 years old, I mean it is not even broke in yet with the mileage. I looked it over really good and test rode the bike and it rode great and did not pull to either side. There was a little corrision in places and a couple of bad rust spots on the rims, but all and all it is very clean, I mean corrision and rust spots means new parts right? I really like the seller aswell, he seems to be a good guy, I enjoyed talking with him.

I started to think last night that if this bike did not work out that I was going to the dealer Monday to buy a 2010 Sunglo Red RoadKing they have on inventory or a 2010 Black Street Glide, but fortunately it worked out!! I really wanted a StreetGlide, I have had my eye on one for a few years now, but the RoadKing is just as nice. I defiantly have to say that it is more fun being the buyer than the seller :18:

Congrats on the new ride

Good luck with the new bike. Glad you got the RK, you're going to enjoy it very much.
Thanks to all!!

I really like the bike. I looked at one at the dealer about 2 years ago, it was black and white and it was a beaute!!!! I am glad to finally own one. What is the difference between the RK classic and RK Glide??

Congratulations on your new RK...maybe we should rename this thread..."Sad Day, Redemption...Later that Day" or A Tale of Two Bikes..." or A twist of fortune ala RichardS...SdrahciR in one day (shortest post on record for selling and buying)! Just don't see any Sadness here!:D
Pretty funny, it was not supposed to happen this quick, when I looked at my bikes parking spot in the garage and nothing was there the sadness set in and all day long all I heard was the roar of Harley's, It was killing me!!

The plan was to sit tight for a year or so bank the money from the sale of my bike, bank some more for a year and then a get a new bike of my choice in 2011. However, I was posting a few adds for a couple of dirt bikes I am selling and ran across this RK. It just caught my eye and I thought it was worth a look. Other than the year, this is almost s new bike. I would however like to have the 96ci or the 103 SE, but I'm just happy find a nice clean bike in my price range.

What is the difference between the RK classic and RK Glide??

Basically it's cosmetic. The leather covered bags on the classic, painted on the standard. Wide whites on the classic with spokes, narrow whites with mags on the standard and a few other minor things.

Basically it's cosmetic. The leather covered bags on the classic, painted on the standard. Wide whites on the classic with spokes, narrow whites with mags on the standard and a few other minor things.
I guess mine is a classic??

I am sitting here with the wife right now and I am showing her a large blown up picture of the bike and pointing out all the things I want to do cosmetic wise. You should see how excited she is about it :reyes

I looked up a picture and found the same exact bike and color in the 2000 Road King, and you are right, mags, thin white walls and the painted bags. Mine is defiantly a Road King classic. To tell you the truth I did not know there was a RK classic. I do however really like the look of the painted bags vs the leather bags. The picture I just looked at has the same two paint on the bags as the gas tank, I think it looks sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the picture in my profile or avatar, that's a RK Classic with the leather covered bags etc.

Back