free website stats program Sad Day :( | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad Day :(

the early made 2000 had the promblem.the ones half way through the year they fixed the cams. heard that hear from bubbie when i bought my rk sweet ride they are. if he wants to show u the bike elswhere thats a good thing ,hes not afraid of riding it .have him meet u half way.cause if hes afraid of travling it mite have something wrong.its hard to have someone come to ur house.in the back of your mind ,thinking hes casing it out ,thats the way i take it

Sorry to see your bike go, but good for not stereotyping with all HD's. Just gotta find the right one & RK's are an awesome choice. Another recommendation would be to head to your local HD shop & take a few test rides - maybe a good deall on '10 model might be in order too...;-)

Good luck w/your search!

Sorry to see your bike go, but good for not stereotyping with all HD's. Just gotta find the right one & RK's are an awesome choice. Another recommendation would be to head to your local HD shop & take a few test rides - maybe a good deall on '10 model might be in order too...;-)

Good luck w/your search!

Or an even better deal on a leftover 2009! There's still some of them sitting on showroom floors.

I agree hear that some people may not want you at their homes not a big deal , but be aware also to meet at a open public area, shopping parking lot for example have heard stories on the news of those being lured to obsolete areas and robbed knowing you may have a hefty amount of cash with you, in anticipation of a possible deposit or sale, one fellow that purchased my 02 dyna came to my house with 10k cash, just reccommending anyone to be aware of their surroundings.

I agree hear that some people may not want you at their homes not a big deal , but be aware also to meet at a open public area, shopping parking lot for example have heard stories on the news of those being lured to obsolete areas and robbed knowing you may have a hefty amount of cash with you, in anticipation of a possible deposit or sale, one fellow that purchased my 02 dyna came to my house with 10k cash, just reccommending anyone to be aware of their surroundings.

Absolutely true.

Son of a friend of my wife's (did that make sense?) went to an apartment to look at an HD television listed on Craig's List. Guy opened the apartment door with a gun already pointing in the kid's face and another gun toting thug emerged from the bushes behind him.

Why not look for a newer Twinkie, with the 96 motor and a six speed. Much easier ride.:small3d012:

I have a 99 RK and although I am quite pleased, a six speed would be nice. Be carefull and check VIN numbers, if the guy wants to meet you somewhere else, it might be stolen.

I have a 99 RK and although I am quite pleased, a six speed would be nice. Be carefull and check VIN numbers, if the guy wants to meet you somewhere else, it might be stolen.

In all honesty the 6 speed leaves a bit to be desired IMO with the gear ratios they have in the 07 bikes at least. The newer ones have been updated a bit as far as gearing.
First gear is too tall and the spacing between the gears isn't what it should be. Sixth gear is only good above 70 MPH.

Back