free website stats program Sad Day :( | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad Day :(

Blue job isn't all it's cracked up to be and will dull out the chrome if you use it more than once. The blue will return also.

Ihave been using a couple of products from Germany: Blue-Away and Simichrome. I have used these for 30+ years. If they do not work, teh job is hopeless. Neither one seems to be too agressive on the metal. Simichrome will make aluminum take on a polished sheen that rivals chrome, and makes it more so each time you use it.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Blue job isn't all it's cracked up to be and will dull out the chrome if you use it more than once. The blue will return also.
I was talking to an old biker and he said vinegar for bluing. He said is will come right back as you said, but will clean it up for shows and such.

I second the Flitz . I use it for anything that needs polishing that's metal.
I have heard of Flitz, but I have been unable to find it. I have to say that this Colonel Brassy is still amazing me. The Rear hear shield had some corrosion on the top by the head. It was like sand paper to the touch. I tried every polish I have in the shop and nothing took it off. So I added a heat shield to the things to order new. Last night just for fun, I took some of the Colonel Brassy to it and buffed away and it took it off!! It now looks like a mirror. It has a couple of scratches, but I don't know if that is from the polishing or was there before, but anyway the heat shield looks fantastic. You will never see them scratches at 70MPH!!

Hey Glide,
Pledge on the Shield??? Never had one, nor did I ever think I would own one, but got one now. How do I clean it?? I already took it off. Won't see it till 40 degrees.:D

Well I finished detailing this afternoon and man what a job. I still have to do the spokes and do the white walls again, but the humidity is just draining me, not to mention I am soaked. I am going to try an sos pad and some purple power + good ole Wesley's to try and bring the white out, but other than that it is time to start adding the goodies. I have decided on Reinhart slip on's. Going to place the order tonight and probably adding a SE filter. Here's a few pics

Attachments

• DSCF1206.jpg
    DSCF1206.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1210.jpg
    DSCF1210.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1209.jpg
    DSCF1209.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1207.jpg