free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

Drank quite a bit in high school and college. Still drink a few beers a year, yes you read it right, a year. Just don't like the taste of the stuff unless its with a good pizza. Certainly don't like headaches which 2 will give me. I don't condemn drinking but just gimme a Pepsi. Like many I have had a drink and then driven...never again. Maybe with age comes a little wisdom, oh yeah, and brittle bones. Cheers.
Ishmael

Husband and I drink every night at home. We don't have kids, we don't get drunk or even tipsy, we don't have hangovers, and we NEVER drink and ride. We plan our overnight stays when we travel on the bikes so that we are in walking distance of a restaurant. So far, so good. We respect everyone's comments on this topic.

I do not drink. Tried it, didn't like it. I don't like the taste, the expense, nor the feeling it produces.
I am weird enough without altering my brain functions.............probably produce some rather odd results.:bigsmiley30:

I cant say I will never drink again. Last time was 2 years agow and 5 years before that .I just dont want to drink . I also quit smoking after 35 years and that was also hard to quit. To all of you that are still trying to quit......Dont give up.. . I wonder how dumb it would look for me to drink a coke in a bar around other bikers or should I even worry about it?

I cant say I will never drink again. Last time was 2 years agow and 5 years before that .I just dont want to drink . I also quit smoking after 35 years and that was also hard to quit. To all of you that are still trying to quit......Dont give up.. . I wonder how dumb it would look for me to drink a coke in a bar around other bikers or should I even worry about it?

Be true to yourself first, I had trouble with this for the first 2 years, after 24 years sober it is a no brainer for me. I do not feel I look dumb drinking a coke and u should not either, it is all about choices, Good Luck:s

Thanks Jack...You see I have been staying out of bars, but I think I would like to stop at a couple of bars this summer that bikers stop at and I think I will. I feel I can do it no problem now..Jack I am realy glad that you and maney others on here are doing great with your sobriety. Ride safe.

Matt, I have no problem drinking a coke or an ice tea at a bar, regardless of who is there. :) You do what YOU want & don't worry about what others think. Chances are, those who may think ill of you drinking a coke will not be around to help you if you needed a hand down the road. :s

Thanks Jack...You see I have been staying out of bars, but I think I would like to stop at a couple of bars this summer that bikers stop at and I think I will. I feel I can do it no problem now..Jack I am realy glad that you and maney others on here are doing great with your sobriety. Ride safe.

Thanks Mat, some one has to watch the store so to speak, I doubt any one in a bar will give you grief over this and if they do 1 it is the alcohol talking 2 who needs it, not you or me enjoy yourself and enjoy your coke I do:s

Back