free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

That's a stretch :lolrolling

Boy it's bad (or you're awful good) when I'm :lolrolling on pokes at even ME.

I was once told I did not have any good jokes, except showing up :lolrolling

Almost didn't see this little tid bit of glider wit, seems my email is not giving me ALL my suscribed threads lately. Had that problem with another Forum awhile back and it turned out to be my Roadrunner ISP, but then I did not get ANY, but rather with HDT lately seems I don't get just some of them. Not sure what's going on, maybe Joy is deleting some of them.

SORRY, won't hijack this fine thread any more (and very fine thread it is too).

3/01/2005, was sick and tired of being sick and tired. something had to give and i am glad it was my will that gave.
patrick

Personally do not like the taste of any form of alcohol. Not a "do gooder" either because I do not care if others drinks. I do distance myself immediately if someone around me becomes intoxicated though. I think it is their choice and I do not begrudge or berate them for drinking. I am 69 yrs old and have tried beer, and mixed drinks at one time or another, and just do not like the taste of either.

I have not had a drink since 1989. BTDT dui's divorce and all the stuff that goes with it. Most of the "friends" I had then kind of vanished. Sometimes I want one so bad it hurts. Stopped smoking in 1996 Heart Attack cured me of smoking. Sometimes I wonder if quitting all my bad habits have made me sick most of the time or just seem to think that it does. One thing it does do is save money. Now most of the people I know are not drinkers and those I ride with also do not drink. I respect peoples choice in lifestyle and hope that they can respect mine. Well that is my 2 cents on drinking. US NAvy dried me out twice that may have been one of the factors in quitting that and I was getting mean. Quitting was good for marriage and my kids. So I did the right thing. Good luck to all you folks that try to quit

cause i am a drunk! and cant function with booze..no excuses,,:newsmile026:

Personally do not like the taste of any form of alcohol. Not a "do gooder" either because I do not care if others drinks. I do distance myself immediately if someone around me becomes intoxicated though. I think it is their choice and I do not begrudge or berate them for drinking. I am 69 yrs old and have tried beer, and mixed drinks at one time or another, and just do not like the taste of either.

I have not had a drink since 1989. BTDT dui's divorce and all the stuff that goes with it. Most of the "friends" I had then kind of vanished. Sometimes I want one so bad it hurts. Stopped smoking in 1996 Heart Attack cured me of smoking. Sometimes I wonder if quitting all my bad habits have made me sick most of the time or just seem to think that it does. One thing it does do is save money. Now most of the people I know are not drinkers and those I ride with also do not drink. I respect peoples choice in lifestyle and hope that they can respect mine. Well that is my 2 cents on drinking. ... ... ... ..

I commend all of you for your decisions it sounds like you know yourselves well, which is something I believe all of us should accomplish in life. I have a brother who gave it up, a son in law who gave it up then tried to casual drink and then had to give it up again. My mother in law does not like it since her Dad was an alcoholic. I've got an Uncle that gave it up late in life and he got sick with some stuff too, but they think the former alcohol abuse might have contributed to that. He would drink a whole 24 case in one afternoon. Hard worker though.

But is sounds like you guys are on the right track. I salute you and all the best to you. It takes guts to make a decision and stick to it when you know it's the right thing.

Back