free website stats program Non Drinker? Why.. | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Non Drinker? Why..

Joyflyin and Jack........Thank you guy for the good words.:)
No problem Matt, I grew up in a non drinking household and fortunately, my mother's family made it easy to laugh a lot without alcohol.....and we remember it! :) I will have a drink occasionally, but most of the time that will be at home, not often when I'm out since I do most of the driving. :s

No problem Matt, I grew up in a non drinking household and fortunately, my mother's family made it easy to laugh a lot without alcohol.....and we remember it! :) I will have a drink occasionally, but most of the time that will be at home, not often when I'm out since I do most of the driving. :s

sober cab eh, I have been known to do this I would rather do this for my friends than see the ugly side of a DUI for them way to expensive and risky:s

When I was 51 (6 years ago) I had 4 stents shoved into my arteries to get rid of the pain from a "your going to have a heart attack today if you don't get to the hospital now!!!" feeling. Fortunatly I got there in time. Afterwards the doctor puts you on bloodthinners which I still take today. 1 beer and I'm basically drunk - 2 beer and I am goooned!! I can only handle about 5 oz of hard stuff and I'm done.So why bother.
The other problem is after one drink ( and as long as I can stay sort of focused ) I never shut up!!!
Dave

I quit with the help of Bill W and all his friends in 1997. About a year ago I decided to drink again and found that I could if I wanted. I have never had more than two beers in a day and rarely drink at all. I quit again now and will probably go back to meetings. I don't believe I'm a real alcoholic, just miss my friends at the meetings. i quit this time, because I notice the looks in my childrens eyes when they see me with a beer. There are a lot of alcohol issues in my family tree and I just can't stand the look in their eyes. Not only that I felt if I only had a beer now and then, why play with fire. I have been sober since 1997 and now will be clean and sober again. i don't believe there is anyone who has a drinking problem that does not know it. To thine own self be true.

Completed a self assessment. Kept telling myself that I haven't drank that long. Truth...43 years. For me there is no such thing as "a drink". I always justified drinking as a coping mechanism. I don't go to bars, I never drink and drive and do not like to be around intoxicated people (as funny as that sounds),I know what I need to stay away from. I have been sober for 27 days and feel that this time it is for good...

Completed a self assessment. Kept telling myself that I haven't drank that long. Truth...43 years. For me there is no such thing as "a drink". I always justified drinking as a coping mechanism. I don't go to bars, I never drink and drive and do not like to be around intoxicated people (as funny as that sounds),I know what I need to stay away from. I have been sober for 27 days and feel that this time it is for good...

Strength and respect to you Hilander. It takes a lot of courage to do what you're doing - I hope the days are getting a little bit easier as each one passes.

Good for you, after 24 years it is still 1 day at a time, but the days are so much better now and I remember them and I like myself now. Now it is your turn and I wish you all the luck you can do it:s

Back