free website stats program Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box

If you have not done it, try switching the tranny lube to Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil even though you do not have a 6-spd. And change the fluid in the Primary to a fit-for-purpose product like HD Formula + or Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil. Adjust the clutch, and check the primary chain tension. See if that helps.

TQ

I have done all of that on my Ultra. Changed the fluids twice now, 5,000 miles between changes. Still clunks so loud sometimes that I swear the neighbors the next block over can hear it. Everybody else in the world can make a transmission that shifts smoothly and quietly, why can't HD?

Everybody else in the world can make a transmission that shifts smoothly and quietly, why can't HD?

They can. But I bet there are more people that enjoy the sound than don't. Take away that sound, and then people will complain about the rough idle. Once they "fix" the rough idle, people will want them water cooled because the Heat is just too much for them to handle.

To me a Large portion of owning a Harley is the sound. Lets face it, a Harley is not the fastest. They don't keep up in the corners like a metric. They are not as reliable as a metric. They are more expensive than most metric bikes. I thought people that wanted a Smooth, Quiet, Reliable bike just went out a bought a Honda Goldwing. You got me on this one.??

I know HD is not gonna change anything that affects profits, so how about this petty gripe. Why does the "check engine" light icon represent a CAR engine? I think more HD riders know what a Vtwin engine looks like than they do a car engine. It must be some universal symbol thing required by big brother. :33:

I must say that at first that "clunk" as I went into first gear was unsettling, I have learned that it is just normal along with all the other rattles that seem to distinguish Harleys from other bikes.:small3d026:

Back to the subject, a 12 volt cooler insert to fit the hard bags to keep your :cheers water cold and a adjustible windshield like the victory has and a seat with air in it that you can adjust and a oil filter you can change without getting oil everywhere:no.

Back to the subject, a 12 volt cooler insert to fit the hard bags to keep your :cheers water cold and a adjustible windshield like the victory has and a seat with air in it that you can adjust and a oil filter you can change without getting oil everywhere:no.

MOST DEFINEATLEY!!!:small3d018:

I would put the floor boards on the glides further to the front for a little more comfort, and I'm only average height 5' 10", and the passenger pegs or boards further to the back, so that they don't hit you in the back of the leg when you are backing up.

Back