free website stats program Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson's Suggestion Box

Well,lets see:How about FAR BETTER quality control on way overpriced products;a Dealer network that thinks its a priviledge to have you as a customer and not the other way around;making it instant dismissal for a Dealer to utter the words"They all do that";electrical components and systems that work reliably and for ever(everybody else can do it);decent fuel injection that wont run lean but will run well(once again,everybody else--);solidly machined non pressed Crankshafts that cost more but can be trusted and more attention to detail that DOES NOT CALL for the customer to do H-D's development work.

Oh,and standing behind their product when poorly designed things go wrong.And maybe,a gear primary drive.

Tell him,i liken my H-D to my early 70's Ducati.Deep down,you dont know if you can trust it.

Last edited:
Eliminate the ambiant temp guage and replace it with an oil temp guage on touring models.

Also like to see some sort of a glove box incorporated into the batwing fairing.

Too true. It is even more useless when you live in a country that measures temperature in Celsius and not Farenheit. The numbers are useless to me. Only reason I've left mine in place is the access. manual says that the oil temp guage wont take the chrome bezel and I'm not will ing to risk that sort of money only to have three guages with chrome bezels and one without.

Neil

For me it would be two main things.

1- Offer any paint combination on any tourer bike as a factory option. Maybe I am oversimplifying this but if HD can put two tone paint on some of their tourers why can't they offer two tone paint on all of them. Happy to pay an extra cost for the colour combination I want, just don't want to buy another model of bike to get the colour combination...

2- Maybe this is unique to Australia as we have roads that have fairly coarse bitumen surfaces over here but I would like HD to sell tourers with shaft drive instead of belt drive. Road debris can be a real problem to HD belts and it can be their weak link when you are a long way from home. Our dealers are hundreds or thousands of miles apart. Alternatively, make it so we don't have to pull half the bike apart to change the belt and it becomes something that we can do on the side of the road if we carry a spare belt.

That's about it for me

Neil

I would like a tranny that does not clunk. Another but they all do that story. If I want to know what the temp is outside I will drive by a bank put an Oil temp gauge in there.

I would love shaft drive. Next to tube type tires that is always a concern when I am on a tour. I had a belt go bad on my Buell 150 miles from home when we were doing a day trip to Michigan once. I was sure happy that AAA and CAA were just a phone call away.
kemo

Design a transmissions that shifts without being heard on the next block

A lower first gear on baggers
Amen to a quieter transmission!! I am almost embarrassed to shift into first gear at a light, and most of the time the rest of the gears are just as loud. I cannot believe that that clunk isn't causing some type of damage.

Amen to a quieter transmission!! I am almost embarrassed to shift into first gear at a light, .

Wow, I am just the opposite. I love the clank. The louder the better for me. That sound distinguishes you from every other make of bike.
That would be like killing the "Potato" sound of the engine.
Who would want that?
But I date back to the Crash Box Munci and the M22 chevy trans.

Hoop!

Retro the Panhead minus the oil leaks and stand behind there warrantys

Amen to a quieter transmission!! I am almost embarrassed to shift into first gear at a light, and most of the time the rest of the gears are just as loud. I cannot believe that that clunk isn't causing some type of damage.

If you have not done it, try switching the tranny lube to Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil even though you do not have a 6-spd. And change the fluid in the Primary to a fit-for-purpose product like HD Formula + or Spectro Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil. Adjust the clutch, and check the primary chain tension. See if that helps.

TQ

Back