free website stats program Good Places To Eat | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Places To Eat

Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, Texas has the best BBQ I've ever had. Great riding in the Texas Hill Country too. It is just southwest of Austin.

If anyone is traveling thru E. MO. ( I-44) between Springfeild and St. Louis there is a place on ol' Rt. 66 in Cuba,Mo. called Missouri Hick. It's a "log cabin" style smoked / BBQ smoked meat place. Great food andstaff. There is a "front porch" and upstairs balcony if you want to eat outside. They have dish called the Sampler Platter --- pulled pork,pulled beef , 4 or so ribs plus two sides for about 9 bucks. They also have 1/4 , 1/2 and a whole slab of ribs plus two sides dinners. Opens at 11 AM, I believe they are closed on Mondays.They do the smokin' right there in back and have 4 different homemade sauces to try...

Ran across Missouri Hick by accident a couple months ago. Thought it was really good. I was in the area for a ride down through Mark Twain National Forest. Good food and a nice ride.

I'll second the recommendation for Lambert's. If you go there, you better be hungry. I've only been to the one in Sikeston, MO but there is also one near Springfield, MO and also one in Foley, Ala near the Gulf and Mobile Bay.

Lambert's Cafe - The Only Home of Throwed Rolls - Sikeston, MO | Ozark, MO | Foley, AL

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in two really good restaurants during our club ride yesterday. We met for the ride at the Powhatan Restaurant in Pocahontas, IL. It's just off I-70 about 30 miles east of St Louis. Food there is nothing fancy but it was a really good country breakfast. The one I ordered was enough to feed two or three people. Wish I had known the portions were so large.

We had lunch at Yoder's Kitchen in Arthur, Illinois. Again the food wasn't fancy but was really good and plentiful. The restaurant offers a buffet or you can order from the menu. Several of our members had the buffet which was excellent. Because of the over-sized breakfast I had earlier I orders a bowl of their beef veggie soup which was excellent on a cool riding day. Had a few slices of their home made bread which was excellent too. If you are in the area, check it out.

Yoder's Kitchen in Arthur IL | Great Amish Cooked Food

The Shed

Those of you who are lucky enough to have eaten at The Shed know it's a pretty good BBQ joint. I stopped there this evening and had a bite to eat.

That is when I found out they are offering 2 for 1 gift certificates. Talk about a deal! This was at the Hiway 53 store. I don't know if the Hiway 57 / VanCleave store has this. Call to find out.

But this offer is good till the 16th. Thought you'd like to know. :cheers

Hard Eight BBQ, located at US Highway 281 and Highway 67 in Stephenville, Texas. Don't get too much, it'll fill you up fast........:newsmile030: The best pork chop I've ever had, and it's like 2 inches thick!:D

Hard Eight BBQ

California Tacos & More in Omaha, NE (3235 California St). Awesome "deep-fried" tacos, but they also serve other Mexician favorites (Enchilada, burrito, Chimi, etc.). They were featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives - here's the youtube link:

YouTube - California Taco

Enjoy!

Back