free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

Ain't got much choice here in Ca. I have gotten used to it and would wear one even if they changed the law. I've had a few people tell me they were pretty happy they had one on when they went down. I want to ride as long as I can and a helmet just might help me do that.....

I've seen too many people dieing on a bike without an helmet, even close friends.. Here in italy is no joke, theres not a lot of police to check if you do have an helmet, and everybody drives like an animal,cagers and bikers... It's just a couple of years that we have a strict speed check only on the highway, but before you could actually do almost whatever you wanted, and going down on a bike is really really easy, with tight roads and curves... If there is even a 1% chance of saving your life wearing an helmet, that's the right thing to do....
Bottom line, I never drive without an helmet....

I always wear full face,Jeans, Boots, one of the two Tourmaster jackets ( depending on the weather) and, more often than not, gloves. It works for me and feels natural.
I may pick up something like the Multitech full face..Seems like that would work well for me too. Flip it up for 'in town' fueling, short stops etc.

I always wear one and i live in Kansas where there is no helmet law. I'll go to the gas station or somewhere within a mile or so without one every now n then but its not a habit. I always say "you dont look cool when your a vegetable.." Concrete is not forgiving, it only takes once to thump your nugget....and your done...

Ride On.....:hii

I have the 3/4 hd tempest helmet. It is specifically made for women. Big difference in the fit and comfort from the unisex helmets. If you don't want the hd name and price it is the kbc ofs women's helmet. I wear all my gear all the time. Good thing or the concrete cuvert probably would have won when i hit 2 months ago on 7/11/09.

Back