free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 15 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

In Illinois there is no helmet law.When Im crusin around town I dont wear one,but out on the highway I wear a half helmet.

In Illinois there is no helmet law.When Im crusin around town I dont wear one,but out on the highway I wear a half helmet.

I hate to say it, but I think you might have a flaw in your risk assessment. I think you’re more at risk on the country roads then on the highway. I just saw a news report about 3 bikers dead from a truck that veered into their lane. Posted speed limit was 40 mph.

Maybe someday we will see some improvements in Kevlar/carbon fiber and we can get adequate protection by wearing a carbon fiber baseball cap or something.

Wear a half unless it's the one week in January when it's cold here, then full helmet. I wear one because a large Florida bug hurts when bouncing off the top of your forehead, and really large raindrops don't feel good at 65mph either.

Hi
My wife and I always use a helmet. It is mandatory, also we use leather jacket, gloves, and denim jeans. No matter if it's hot or cold

Not required in Arizona and some say that during the summer its too hot. but I have been wearing one consistently for a couple years now. In my early years I never wore one, but not that I have become wiser, I find it is definately a must.:s

Always a half-shell.:D

My predominate concern is if I'm more likely to end up a vegetable with a helmet or without? Dead doesn't bother me so much.

With a helmet absorbing energy tranfer to the head from impact, your brain, which is basicaly floating in fluid and surrounded by a skull of solid bone. Without it, your skull is unforgiving during an impact, and the brain hits it inside on impact...that is what a concussion is.

Think football, many great quarterbacks quit after one or two concussions, pretty sobering when they run on a grassy field at maybe 10 miles an hour with pads and helmet.

Illinois does not have a helmet law but I wear one anyway. 3/4 helmet in the summer and a full face in colder weather.

Pops

Back