free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

I wear a Super Sear Police Helmet. 1/2 shell type. I even wear it in States that don't require helmets. I also always wear gauntlet type gloves and heavy boots and jeans, chaps in some cases and a leather jacket if it's not too hot. If it's modertly hot I'll wear a jacket. I think that gloves should always be worn, even in a minor spill they make a big difference. I don't believe in helmet or seatbelt laws, but think that they should always be used, it's just good common sense to do so..

It's very dependent on my mood state... :)
I sometimes wear a 1/2 on nothing at all but in winter times I usually use a flip up helmet...

Always wear a helmet. Wear a shorty and have a 3/4 open face as backup and for just above freezing temps. Shorty accepts the visor attachment for rain and cold weather riding.
Use to wear a full face years ago but felt claustaphobic and didn't like how it restricted my periferal vision.

Only because I feel that I have something to protect, or can't afford to damage what's left. Whichever way you want to think of it.

Always. A white full face Arai. Sometimes it's hot but it's great in the rain. It's the one accessory that really makes my black metallic road king stand out in the parking lot.
flhrrider.

Yes I do wear a half helmet, and it works. When I laid it down last year, hit my head pretty hard right above the temple and about an inch from the edge of the helmet, when the bike flipped over. There is a good 5 to 10 minute period of time I don't remember. Can only imagine if I wasn't wearing one. I make my kids wear one all the time, my son a MX style full face (his choice) and my daughter a 3/4 with shield. Also make the kids wear jeans, above ankle boots, and long sleeve shirt. My wife, its her choice, but she chooses the half. Not required here in Texas, but I choose to wear it. It does (EDIT) when it's 108 out, especially when your stuck in traffic in the DFW area, but oh well:D

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, I saw this closeout at the Bell store. Only in XS or S size and it's down to $19.95... I didn't think it was right, but I added it to my cart to check and sure enough it was 20 bucks...

So if you are looking for a good Bell helmet cheap.. here is the link.

Bell Helmets - Bell Tourlite SC Helmets

Helmets are required by law in Tennessee, so yes I wear one. I do not agree with the law as I feel it should be the riders choice. I personally would wear one anyway, I always wore a seatbelt before that became law. The most important piece of safety gear is in your head not on it, but using a helmet is the smart choice. IMHO

Back