free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

Not normally, now I know why... yesterday morning, 44 degrees, I decide to go back inside and grab my helmet. As I approach my bike, the helmet slipped out of my hands and put a nice scratch :( in the top of my tank. Needless to say, I did some swearing, but I still wore the helmet, two days in a row now, it was 41 degrees this morning. I was able to get most of the scratch out :).

I wear an open face (3/4) helmet; it’s the law here. When colder, below 45*F, I wear a full face, but do not like the pudgy feel on the cheeks.
I always preferred the Bell helmet, with the hat sizes, but now very difficult to find up here, so the current is a Shoei. Did find a Bell for the Mrs. While I have preferences, a current Snell rating and price factor in.

i wore full face bell helmets back in my metric days . my first trip to laconia ,about 12yrs ago, i bought a 'novelty' ( non dot) helmet and have been wearing it ever sinse.
they do make some cooler helmets these days that are dot. mayb its time to go lookin ;-) i usualy wear leather and boots , most ppl i ride with dont unless its cold and give me a hard time lol you know ' arent you hot man?' but as long as you'r movin especialy on the highway ,its quite comfortable

I like the full face with the retractable Chin portion that you can flip up. Makes it easier to put off and on. Safetywise not as good as a "fixed" full face helmet, but more user friendly when you wear glasses.

I also like the flip up visor, and you get get different shades for it.

My wife hates wearing a helmet, but wears one anyway. (gripes putting it on and off) She hates hats as well, any hat.

She reluctantly wears the three quarters helmet with a full dark face shield. Darth Vader wannabee.:)

I have to because Michigan is a no choice state. I wouldn't most of the time if I had a choice. I whine alot about wearing it, but last year when I had to go down one of things I remember most is the side if my head sliding on the road and the gravel grinding on the side of my helmet. In most cases, it doen't really matter. Once your bean bounces off the pavement a few times(helmet or not) your neck breaks. End of story. No way around it. Ride on defense and push for driver education. Yell and scream at anyone who violates your space. Make it ugly, they'll remember,the next biker might not be as nice a guy as you are.

Here in TN. it is the law, but I would anyway. I have a five year old grand daughter that I want to see grow up. I have a 1/2 helmet and thinking of going to a full face.:s

Here in Florida we have a choice if I'm on a long ride I wear one for sun protection more than anything otherwise it depends on how lucky i feel when i put my boots on. Dumb but true.

Back