free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 20 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

Yes I do, for I have not found a reason good enough to not wear one!!!!!!!

I used to take my helmet off in States that it wasn;t mandatory, but a couple years ago I crossed a state line without realizing it,Just daydreaming I guess and about two miles into the state I got $105.00 fine. I just leave it on now.:newsmile058:
That may have been the best $150 you ever spent. I wear a full face, it is not for everyone. I have been riding for around 40 years. But for those of use who have people that depend on us, the full face could be the difference between life and death or even a dis-figured face. There was a time in my early years I had strong feelings about having the choice of whether to wear one or not. I still think it is our choice. I choose to wear a full face, I just cannot imagine eating meals the rest of my life through a straw. It is something to think about. Lucky for me, I have never in the 40 years of riding, had to put a helmet to the test. I recommend that we pick our places and times to not wear a helmet. But there is always the chance of an accident.

That may have been the best $150 you ever spent. I wear a full face, it is not for everyone. I have been riding for around 40 years. But for those of use who have people that depend on us, the full face could be the difference between life and death or even a dis-figured face. There was a time in my early years I had strong feelings about having the choice of whether to wear one or not. I still think it is our choice. I choose to wear a full face, I just cannot imagine eating meals the rest of my life through a straw. It is something to think about. Lucky for me, I have never in the 40 years of riding, had to put a helmet to the test. I recommend that we pick our places and times to not wear a helmet. But there is always the chance of an accident.

It seems that the conservative thought with wearing a full face helmet must transcend into your riding style. Hence the 40 years of riding and never testing a helmet. Like you when I ride I always dress or prepare for the crash and also in 30 years that I have been on 2 wheels I have not tested a helmet....:s

I don't wear a helmet in Ohio unless traveling interstates with all the crazy traffic & inconsiderate drivers . I honestly have better vision & reactions with out the helmet on but that's just me .

YES,,,,,, Protection....... Even though I think my Brains are elsewhere at times.....:bigsmiley25:

I like keeping all my Hair out of my eyes and face. The Dew Rags by themselves just don't make me as comfortable as with the Lid on top.

signed....BUBBIE

added:

WORN Even-though
Not required here in Az. and many other connecting states....

When I was an avid bicyclist, I read an article that stated a 3 foot fall, impacting the head could kill you. Following that, your head is more than 3 feet off the ground while on the bike.

When I started riding motorcycles again, I bought a helmet before buying my Road King. My scratched helmet is on a shelf in my shop. I am convinced it saved my life.

Before the helmet law, I made the decision to wear a helmet, always.

Earlier in my working life I worked in hospital accident and emergency departments where I saw some things I still remember. Some RTA victims we saved, some we didn't. It's up to you whether you wear a helmet or not; it's up to you if you swim in waters with sharks at dusk or dawn as well. We all have choices to make and risks to take if we ride - just don't expect to come out of it well if you're unlucky. It doesn't take much to pulp a brain or crack a skull. Michael Schumacher had a helmet on and is in a coma after a fall skiing which was much less severe than coming off a bike. He had a helmet on yet it didn't spare him injury. It did probably stop him dying there and then however.

We're all going to go one day. Riding a bike is a risky business, that's part of the thrill. Wearing a lid stacks the deck a little more in your favour.

My tuppence worth.......

I went from a half helmet to a full helmet when the weather got cold. Once I got used to the advantages of a full face I never went back to the half helmet. Currently wearing a Bell modular Scratch.

:bigsmiley10: Funny as it may sound, I always have worn a helmet if for no other reason than to protect me from flying critters. :newsmile07: I have been hit in the head by Birds, large insects and even once by a squirrel. I wear a 3/4 up to about 80* then go to my 1/2. I wish I could handle a full face but I find them to be too confining. A large Beetle in the face at 60 or 70 mph is nothing to brush off, they really sting. :newsmile08:

Back