free website stats program Do you wear a helmet? | Page 19 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you wear a helmet?

New Jersey is a mandatory helmet state so I have worn one almost as long as I've been riding. It's become so second nature that the couple of times that I rode without one I felt very vulnerable and uneasy. I frequently cross the river and ride in Pennsylvania, which is not a helmet state, and I keep the helmet on my noggin. I think it's funny to see guys riding with a helmet strapped around their upper leg or hanging over their forearm. Geez, just wear the darn thing. lol
Apparently I have a large head as I have trouble finding a helmet to fit me. I'm currently waiting on a XX full face modular to arrive at the local indy so I can try it on. I figure that I'll start using it in the colder weather or when it rains. I'm used to my 1/2 helmet with glasses, so it may be a bit of an adjustment period.

Oh i wear one all right ,ever seen Canadian moose crossing the two lane roads at night i have. I wear a half helmet sometimes wanna take it off but the law says different.

Oh i wear one all right ,ever seen Canadian moose crossing the two lane roads at night i have. I wear a half helmet sometimes wanna take it off but the law says different.

Haven't seen a Canadian moose. However, saw a bunch of coyotes, elk, deer, and even a porcupine on the road this year on the way to and from Sturgis. Wore a full-face the whole time except for a day in the Arizona/California desert when I wore a half-helmet.

Dont wear one here in Il. Wear one when I go to work in MO. We Ride KY, IL, And In. because they do not have Helmet laws. My choice.

I have ridden for 18 years and only wore a helmet one time.(When I picked up my bike in a neighboring state with a helmet law) I bought a DOT 1/2 helmet at the local HD dealer today though and I plan on wearing it all the time.I wore it out of the shop and for the rest of the afternoon riding.It doesn't feel bad and I feel a lot safer with it on.

I live in a helmet state so I wear one. I have a half helmet now, used to wear a novelty helmet but I grew out of that. I rode from VA to Chicago last week and left the helmet on until I got off the highway in IL. I traveled through 4 states that I could have taken it off, but I felt keeping it on was the right thing to do for my kids. Maybe I'm getting old, it doesn't matter. Ultimately it was my choice and that is all that matters. I hate being forced to wear one, but given the choice I'd likely wear one most of the time.

I wear a full face helmet that flips up. Got it for 130.00 and love it. Got the protection of a full face and the convenience of a half helmet when needed.

Always on!
WAP.gif

Back