free website stats program Do You Like American Chopper | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Like American Chopper

Na. It is just more already plowed ground. The first time or so, watching a dysfunctional family try to kill each other was interesting. After a few more times, not so much.
If I want dysfunction, I can look at my own family if I want entertainment.
My guess is that they have become wealthy from doing that show.
Only in America!

I used to like the show when they were actually building bikes. Now the show is more about the teutels and theit privat lives than about building bikes. Furthermore the bikes they build is not my style. I like rusty oldschool choppers instead of shiney show bikes.

Na. It is just more already plowed ground. The first time or so, watching a dysfunctional family try to kill each other was interesting. After a few more times, not so much.
If I want dysfunction, I can look at my own family if I want entertainment.
My guess is that they have become wealthy from doing that show.
Only in America!

Agreed. If it weren't for the Discovery Channel they'd be just another average bike builder. I saw a special on the 10 year anny of OCC that the Teutels weren't their first choice.

But no, without this show, they'd be a struggling chopper shop and would NEVER have that nice big world HQ that they built.

American Chopper has gotten stupid. I don't give a rip about Jr opening up a design business and helping his g/f open a boutique. It's almost comical how bad that show has gotten.

But I used to like it. Back when they built bikes. Kinda like MTV. Back in the 80's I loved it.

I can be one of those people that can say, "I watched MTV when they actually played music. Now its all garbage.

I don't think I have ever liked any of their bikes enough to own one, but I did notice that they are building a Sr Cruiser bike and I have to say that it is a sharp bike. I would like to see one in person. I really like the back of the bike, the bike just flows nicely.

Link
SR CRUISER

I saw the Sears Diehard bike and the Craftsman bike at a show in Chicago. You could get your face right up close and look at it.

I'm not a welder or machinist, but I thought the quality on the theme bikes looked pretty good. I was impressed as they only ever show the tack welds.

But their cheapest bike is like...40 grand. I can buy alot of HD for 40 grand.

Attachments

• 090207 - Int Bike Show 016.jpg
    090207 - Int Bike Show 016.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 090207 - Int Bike Show 018.jpg
    090207 - Int Bike Show 018.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 15
I do not like American Chopper so much. I can watch it but I prefere Biker Build Off. Most interesting movie about building a bike is documentary "Sinners - The Choppertown"

I find it interesting when they focus on 'bikes'. When 'Mikey' is complaining and whining I switch to another channel.

I watched for a while but with shows like this the predictability factor becomes to great and I hit the remote.

NO, I did watch it a few times but it didn't take to many episodes and my interest wained. I'm not a soap opera fan. IMHO, that is what the show is really about.

To me an American Chopper show would be about a guy findings a ragged old panhead, chopping it, and making a real deal chopper. Now watching something like that would reallyspin my beanie. Stay focused on the technical and creativity and leave all the non sense out.

Back