free website stats program Do You Like American Chopper | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Like American Chopper

I believe this show is now to capture the children of preteen as my teenager has grown out of it.thank god

Whether you like all the drama or not, you've got to admit they've done alright for themselves. I doubt they'd have done so well with bikes if they hadn't been characters for a tv show.

As for their bikes..............only one or two have appealed to me.

Last edited:
i heard that paul sr ran into the discovery channel producer in a bar after they struck out with another bike builder when they were trying to start a reality show, and convinced him to see his shop. i guess they liked the bickering that went on. i don't know if the story is true but sounds realistic enough. i watched for awhile but you can only take so much of the "reality" the real talent probably couldn't either since vinnie and nubs aren't around anymore. i say ditto to what most are posting here.

I lost interest a couple of years ago. Too much of the same stuff. Watching a dad & son at each other's throat got real old.

i'm not a fan either its all a big joke
i'll tell you something thats funny:next time you see someone with a OCC t-shirt on walk up and ask them what kinda bike they ride?90% don't ride there whole fan base is non-motorcyclest
I am not a fan, but I like the show. I have not seen a new episode in years, mostly reruns but you have too give these guys credit. They have lived the life for the past 8 or so years. These guys are all rich, they live in very nice homes and have all the toys. They have traveled to every bike rally and got paid for it and not too mention all the fun places they have traveled to on the show and all the celebrities they have met. I know myself, I would not care who is wearing my T-Shirt, if I had half the success these clowns have had.

These guys came to Spokane a coulpe summers ago, we got a few free entry tickets so we went, They had some bikes on display as you came through the door, and the kids all loved it. My self I seem to look closer to the detail, my wife hates it when we are watching a show on tv and I point out things like the mic hanging down and the clock on the wall has big time change when the camera pans back and forth between 2 people when it sould only be seconds, I thought these guys had brought thes bikes to show them but all I could see was all the finger prints on the chrome, and how much dust on the paint, you think they would be sure they were in a more presentable condition, I know this stuff won't show up on the pictures people were taking but is it lack of pride, or maybe they feel thier doing us a favor to let us see them, I may be wrong but I understood they were doing a fund raiser ride on the last day, and they kept half of it as well as half the parking / admission fee, like they really needed it. I haven't watch'd the show for a very long time, seemd to be the same each time, I would rather watch the one were you had to build and start it in the alotted time or walk away,

I use to watch it religiously for the first few years. Now I rarely watch. There is just to much drama and arguing for my liking and basically just how can you hold someones interest in the same thing week after week.

I still like it and record it to watch it when I have a few. But I fast forward through most of it, just to see the end results. I agree with most of the comments and do like Biker Build-off as well. Just a junkie that likes to see different things done to bikes. As for the quality, I'm not the dummy paying too much for them, just looking at their designs. Although with the recent drama if Junior is gone next season, the designs will be the same old senior old school stuff, which really has no punch to me. I like them, but they all look the same the way he does them.

Back