free website stats program Do You Like American Chopper | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Like American Chopper

I dont look at it as a real life thing. It's TV. I dont beleive most of what I see on TV. I think it's funny. I watch every new episode I can find. Beats da heck outa mosta the other junk on TV. I think its very healthy to laugh at mosta what life brings us, cause whats the alternative. Peace

American Opera "Soap Opera" they finnaly build a decent bike for John Gossling, SS motor, Baker duel belt trans. inverted front end.
Then they hardly show off the bike but we saw way too much of that pink scooter.
TLC should change the name of the show to "Paul & Paul + Mikey"

Rubbish!! They are so dysfunctional its not worth my time to watch anymore. If it werent for TV making them what they are today, they would be what they were before.

I have visited the old showroom, haven't been to the new one yet. I do like the idea of what they have done as a family and the the bikes look cool, not that I would want to ride one very long. I haven't watched an episode in a long time so I can't really comment on what they have done recently. I liked the previous reference "jumped the shark long ago". I am assuming that was a reference to the "fonz" when Happy Days was getting near the end and they were grabbing at straws to keep the show alive.

Whether you like the show or not -they do generate the $$. My brother inquired about having them appear at a local car show a couple of years ago and the price tag was $75k. They passed.

Some of the bikes have given me a few ideas, but their bars just don't work for me. The drama bit lost it's entertainment value after the first 5 minutes. Wouldn't want to ride one of their bikes any further than once around the block.....

just my .02

I think it is a TV show just like any other show and has nothing to do with serious bikers, father and son are making money out of adds for OC and the TV show.

IMO just a little mindless entertainment...but anything relating to V-Twins does catch my attention now and then. I do like watching Jesse James doing the sheet metal thing early on using old school tools like the fender forming wheel and eh..."hammer forming" bare knuckles approach...though a cameo appearance with Sandra B. brightens up the place a bit! :lero

Last edited:
Back