free website stats program Do You Like American Chopper | Harley Davidson Forums

Do You Like American Chopper

Hi Folks,

I am personally a big fan of American Chopper as they build fabulous bikes,these father son can do anything in a single neight.

I have recently seen one of their latest creation and I must say they have something unique in their Head. :)

what you say about this serial.

Noddy

I gotta agree with that. They act like a bunch of kids and lost all seriousness a long time ago. I might watch for a couple minutes but never the entire show.

What a bunch of idiots on that show! I quit watching it a few years ago because they act like menapausal teenagers and their engineering philosophy is form before function. I wouldn't take one of those bikes more that 5 miles from home, and any time you took one out, you would need a tow truck on call for when it breaks down or just falls apart. Their 15 minutes of fame is up!

AGREED COMPLETELY! It's a "scripted soap-opera" !

I used to like it more. But now their builds are boring and it's more about self-promotion. We don't even see Nub anymore. Now we get to watch Paul Jr build a boutique?? This show long ago jumped the shark.

Their chopper company would be nothing without discovery channel.

At least to me the word chopper for that show is a misnomer.. A chopper is something you own and cut apart and strip down to make something different. What they build are show bikes. Something you put together to trailer where your going take it off drive it up and down a few times and put it back on the trailer and go home. The first is ridable the second not so much since it was build for looks not functionality. As an example the big rear tire may look cool but anyone who has ever ridden rigid over distance wouldn't have one on their bike on a bet. The big rim little low profile tire gives absolutly no shock absobtion which is why we use 15 inch rims and a tall tire on our rigids so you don't need a chiropracter everytime you ride it....

What a bunch of idiots on that show! I quit watching it a few years ago because they act like menapausal teenagers and their engineering philosophy is form before function. I wouldn't take one of those bikes more that 5 miles from home, and any time you took one out, you would need a tow truck on call for when it breaks down or just falls apart. Their 15 minutes of fame is up!

Their Appeal is LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GONE!!!

:cheers

Last weekend (nice and sunny) the wife and I saddled up and took the 150 mile ride to check out the OCC showroom. It was a nice ride through the back woods of PA and NY... but the place was not what you see on TV. They did have alot of the bikes on display... that is where they belong! I would not want to ride anyone of them. The production bikes $35K plus looked like my first honda 50 sitting next to my 09 Heritage Classic... Stick with HD! The Montgomery NY area was nice... good riding. I do admit I like the entertainment of the show... just not the what I expected.

I agree their "15 minutes" is long been over. This season you only see about 5 minutes of motorcycles and the rest is all soap opera. All the bikes this season all look the same to me. When does "Sons of Anarchy" start back up:cheers. Last year in Myrtle Beach they had their Production bagger on display,$53k...I don't think so!! If you were sitting on the bike you were looking at fiberglass thru the bars, no type of dash or anything. $53k

I also checked out the OCC showroom, NOT impressed at all with the quality or prices either. They are living on the rep they had when they first started up but that is long gone now.

There are parts of the show that I can admire. Dad is a recovering addict, who has been sober for a long time. Jr. has a fairly good creative bent. Mikie is, well....entertaining. But that is about it. The arguing back and forth gets tiring after a while. As for the bike building, I always thought that Vinnie and Rick did most of the actual wrenching and fabricating. Not to say that Sr. and Jr. don't know a primary from a fuel pump, but I doubt that they are the driving force behind the production bikes. As for their (bikes) reliability, I can't really say....

Back