free website stats program Bought my first touring bike today! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought my first touring bike today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of MY ironies is that I never remove the tourpak. I paid to have the quick-detach added to my 05 Classic, and almost never took it off. Did the same thing, with the same results, on my 07. Towards the end, I sold the quick-detach stuff on the 07 and permanently mounted it.

I would have fixed mounted it on my 09, but it was so new at the time, that they could not get me the fixed mount bracketry (from the Ultra) as they did not even have part numbers for it yet. But they did have the quick detach, (in stock even) so I just went ahead and did that. I also kinda like the look of the quick detach mount better than the tubular mounting parts of the fixed mount trunks.

Can you post some pictures with and without the TourPak. I am in love with the 2009 Street Glide and even have the wife's permission:thanks. Being business has been a little slow I am trying to be a good example to my 2 sons who work for me after telling them not to spend money on things you don't need right now. BUT I NEED THIS:p. I like the idea of having the TourPak when needed and not just for daily riding and day trips.

Sorry.... just went back and see you have already posted these pictures....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I may be a computer idiot, but how come I can only see the Red X instead of the pictures? I'm dying to see the pictures.

You are missing a plug-in that your Browser needs to see the pics- most likely a Java plug-in. (Java is one of many types of software that runs scripts on webpages.) Go to Java's website and download the latest version of Java, and you should be good!

Here's some pics. Dealers are REALLY accomadating when you're buying a super expensive bike. They did the install of the SE heavy breather, V&H monster ovals, V&H fuelpak, detachable tour pak, mustang seat, and hog tunes TODAY. I was there an hour after they opened, bought the bike (took about 30 minutes), and the service dept. spent the rest of the day working on my bike. It's all done now and here she is :D

2853534727_d3a4a2dc1f.jpg

2853534633_b5c9167ba8.jpg

2853534453_f9e2ddd1ee.jpg

2853534319_8499060fdb.jpg

hey dave from pa where are you?? i have to admit flyingace i stole your pic to,i love your bike but i'm not dumb enough to post it on another forum.what a moron this guy:rr

hey dave from pa where are you?? i have to admit flyingace i stole your pic to,i love your bike but i'm not dumb enough to post it on another forum.what a moron this guy:rr

He's over on another forum doing the same thing again.:D

Old habits die hard.

I just caught up with this thread, and like some others, I'm truly amazed! What a Lamester!!
ww1flyingace, nice bike, nice setup! I was wondering how the tour pak would look on a new SG. Looks great!

My reasons for buying an SG vs. an Ultra or Classic:
1. I like the cleaner SG look, no passing lamps, rear guard and bag rails, pinstriping, front fender adornments, lowers, tourpak, etc.
(no offence to tour pak owners, but I kid my buddy Fred that he's followed around by Samsonite Luggage all the time -- he has an 07 Ultra)
2. It's lower, I like the turn signals better and the stock muffler sounds a little better. I reeeaaaaallllly like the look of the SG rear fender, and the 3-bar fender light. I wouldn't mind having a light like that on the front fender!

I was holding off posting pics of my new SG (pewter pearl, and DAMN I think it's pretty) till all my stuff comes in and I can set it up right. I only want to pull the tank off and fairing off once (I hope).
On second thought, I think I'll take some pictures and post them now so someone can copy them and claim them as their own. (I'm a Photoshop trainer, so I'm thinking I may be able to prevent that...)
Here's the modification list, if anyone's interested:
4-point attachment kit: installed (got the luggage rack and sissy-bar add ons)
Windshield bag: installed
Foot-rests for engine guard: in hand, just waiting for the rest of the stuff
HD Fog Lights (on engine guard): in hand, waiting for the rest...
Rush baloney-cut slipons: ordered/shipped
Mustang Solo and Pillion seats: ordered/shipped
Arlen Ness Big Sucker: ordered/shipped
Hog Tunes Speakers: ordered/shipped
LED 7-color light kit: ordered
Power Commander V: out next month, I'll find the money somewhere because...
That's it, I'm out of money, and I think it'll be just fine.

When all the stuff gets here, probably sometime next week, I'm holding a garage party! Woo-hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back