free website stats program Bought my first touring bike today! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought my first touring bike today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like daveinpa (the originator of this post) has pirated pictures from another forum stating that he owns the bike posted above.
I have contacted both parties and daveinpa refuses to verify ownership in any way stating that "he doesn't have to" but ww1flyingace had shown proof of owning the bike as well as pics with plate numbers showing to me. He further told me that he would send me a copy of the registration for further verification of ownership so the plate could be matched to the registration.

Very new twist on the term "poser".:s

Thank you Glider.

As for you Dave, I suggest you keep your hands off of other peoples photos from now on.

Last edited:
Thank you Glider.

As for you Dave, I suggest you keep your hands off of MY photos from now on.

Not a problem, funny thing is that the plate on the bike was blacked out but he forgot the one on the car in your driveway, a small oversight :D

Last edited:
WHAT THE (edited)??????????!!!! Jeez!! Why.. uhhh... What would make someone... ehhhh... I can't imagine... uhhh.... WOW.

What an (edited). :devil

<back on edit>
Man, I was suspicious this whole time; it just seemed like that whole thing happened WAY too fast, from him asking about touring bikes, then buying one the next day WITH the aftermarket stuff all set up.... That just seemed WAY fishy. LOL!! Funny as(edited)

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace- quick question for you- as I am in the market for an SG myself, or an E-Glide... What made you choose the SG, and add the tourpack and hogtunes, instead of just buying the E-Glide with all that on it? I am trying to decide between the two, and I'm curious as to why you chose the SG. It might help me decide, too. THANKS!!

P.S.: I promise to post my OWN pics of mine when I get it, and not steal yours! :s

Ace- quick question for you- as I am in the market for an SG myself, or an E-Glide... What made you choose the SG, and add the tourpack and hogtunes, instead of just buying the E-Glide with all that on it? I am trying to decide between the two, and I'm curious as to why you chose the SG. It might help me decide, too. THANKS!!

Boy, If I had a dollar for every time I got asked that. :)

In a nutshell, I just like the cleaner look of the SG vs the Classic or Ultra. That and some of the (admittedly) minor cosmetics, such as the silver faced gauges, tank console (thats ones not as important after 08) the rear fender trim etc.

A lot of guys will just say "strip an Ultra". While you can do that, the things I like BEST about the SG cannot be achieved that way:

Clean fenders (removing just the bumpers does not count)
Single color paint with NO pinstripes
Bullet turn signals
And the stock wheels.

I really like the stock wheels on the SG much better, and since any of the aftermarket wheels I really like are just too damn expensive for my pocketbook....

And of course, you will notice some things I DONT like about the SG, that I have converted back:

Mirrors, floorboards, passenger floorboards.

Yea, It probably cost a LITTLE more to "ultra-up" the SG, than to just buy an Ultra, but I figure when your spending over 20k, its best to get what you REALLY want, since (at least in my case) theres gonna be a LOT of monthly payments made. I added the cost of buying a Classic or Ultra in black, and having it painted (to rid the pinstripes) vs doing up the SG, and while money wise, It came fairly close, the hassle (and wait) of doing it that way just did not seem worth it.

This is the second time I did this. Working backwards, this is my "family tree" of Harleys:

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0621-1.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0569-1.jpg

I don't know about anyone else but for me the overall look of the SG is better being able to have the tourpack as detachable is just convenience. I have a tour pack for my road King and I plan on painting it to match my new SG so I can use it when I want on it. Mainly for me it's just another place to store more stuff on a long haul.:42:

I don't know about anyone else but for me the overall look of the SG is better being able to have the tourpack as detachable is just convenience. I have a tour pack for my road King and I plan on painting it to match my new SG so I can use it when I want on it. Mainly for me it's just another place to store more stuff on a long haul.:42:

One of MY ironies is that I never remove the tourpak. I paid to have the quick-detach added to my 05 Classic, and almost never took it off. Did the same thing, with the same results, on my 07. Towards the end, I sold the quick-detach stuff on the 07 and permanently mounted it.

I would have fixed mounted it on my 09, but it was so new at the time, that they could not get me the fixed mount bracketry (from the Ultra) as they did not even have part numbers for it yet. But they did have the quick detach, (in stock even) so I just went ahead and did that. I also kinda like the look of the quick detach mount better than the tubular mounting parts of the fixed mount trunks.

That's GREAT info, guys- thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do appreciate it. I agree wholeheartedly; I really like the clean looks of the SG comparatively. I like the idea of having the tourpak when I need it, and removing it. That's good food for thought. THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back