free website stats program Bought my first touring bike today! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought my first touring bike today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought. At 24, am I the youngest person on this forum riding a touring bike?

I don't think anyone wants to cop to that one. but I don't think I know anyone that young who rides a bagger.

Congrats on your beautiful new ride. Real nicely modified right out of the box too!

I bought by first bagger ( Electraglide Standard ) at the tender age of 31 much to the shock and bewilderment of many of my buddies who considered it to be a geezer-glider.

Traded that Electraglide in on a beautiful looking Fatboy a few years later (cause I was tired of being bugged about riding an old farts bike) and lived to regret that decision for many years. The Fatboy was gorgeous to look at but there was no comparison in terms of practicality, handling and all-day comfort.

Fast forward ten years, now I'm back on a bagger and couldn't be happier.

You might be a bit younger than most FLH riders out there but sounds to me like maybe you are just a little ahead of the curve. Nothing wrong with that.

Enjoy the new ride!

Dave... congrats on a fine ride.

I got my RK before I was 40 (on not having been on a bike since your age).

HUGE difference. I ride mine like I am 25 (HARD and FAST)... but when I calm down, I love going slow and comfortably!!!

1st suggestion... DON'T listen to what anyone says about what you ride... answer with... I RIDE! and ALL DAY LONG!

2nd, as soon as the rear tire wears out..... get the Metzeler 880's..... the girl will feel 100 pounds lighter, and will dive into the curves!

Congratulations Dave. I'm jealous. I ordered a RK a few weeks ago (same color as your RG), but it won't be in for another couple of weeks.

BTW, our LHD is more than happy to order non-HD parts: Mustang, Kuryakyn, V&H, etc., etc., and they give me the same 10% frequent purchase point discount as they do on HD parts. I've got a number of big-ticket winter purchases planned since they also discount labor during the winter months for larger projects, e.g., new wheels and chrome front-end kit.

Congratulations Dave, Thanks for posting the pixs....SG: a touring frame with a contemporary look. This model has been such a popular add to the line up of Harleys. I know a number of folk who have went this way and they are all very delighted with this model. Yeah, tis a mighty fine ride.....

I always enjoy being at the dealer I patronize when a customer is picking up their new Bike. It is fun to just be on the sidelines observing their excitement.

Again...Hope you enjoy your newest Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back