free website stats program andrews 26 cam in 95 build | Page 18 | Harley Davidson Forums

andrews 26 cam in 95 build

I'm doing a bit at a time . I can afford the 37 cams and I can put them in . I'm going to wate till after the summer to get the 06 heads and jugs done . Can I put the 37 cams in my 03 without changing out the heads till I'm ready? will the springs be able to take the .510 without binding ? Thanks F.K.

Honestly, I have lost track of what the current configuration of your build is. Is it 88" or 95"? Did you install high compression pistons or not? Have the heads been worked or stock?

Generally speaking, you can install the 37 cams in either the 88" or 95" configuration; however, they will be soft on the bottom with stock heads in the 88" configuration but OK in the 95" configuration. No worries on the valve springs in either configuration.

Provide the current configuration of your motor will get you a more specific response.

Still an 88 for now . I haven't sent off the jugs or heads still waighting on $$. Its stock comp with the 03 heads stock for now . I got some 37 b cams and was going to put them in untill I got my jugs pisons and 06 heads back .
Will the 03 heads be able to take the .510 lift ?
Sorry but I'm getting parts as I can aford them . Just bought a new rear tire as well.
I just need to buy the power Vision, and get the heads and jugs worked and the new wisco 4.6 cm pistons .

F.K.

Honestly, I have lost track of what the current configuration of your build is. Is it 88" or 95"? Did you install high compression pistons or not? Have the heads been worked or stock?

Generally speaking, you can install the 37 cams in either the 88" or 95" configuration; however, they will be soft on the bottom with stock heads in the 88" configuration but OK in the 95" configuration. No worries on the valve springs in either configuration.

Provide the current configuration of your motor will get you a more specific response.

So will the cams be " softer" then the stock cams on bottom end in an 88 with no head work ? or will they feel about the same ?

Thanks F.K.

So will the cams be " softer" then the stock cams on bottom end in an 88 with no head work ? or will they feel about the same ?

Thanks F.K.

Softer; intake close of OEM cams is 34* but the 37 intake closes at 38*. You may not notice but the compression loss will have an effect on the bottom end. Once the rpms come up, you will see a stronger mid range but honestly, I don't think it's worth the time and effort to install 37 in an otherwise stock or Stage I motor. The S&S 509 or the Andrews 21 would make a difference in the 88" motor.:coffee

The early springs will handle the .510" lift but that's the limit.

Softer; intake close of OEM cams is 34* but the 37 intake closes at 38*. You may not notice but the compression loss will have an effect on the bottom end. Once the rpms come up, you will see a stronger mid range but honestly, I don't think it's worth the time and effort to install 37 in an otherwise stock or Stage I motor. The S&S 509 or the Andrews 21 would make a difference in the 88" motor.:coffee

The early springs will handle the .510" lift but that's the limit.
I'm still doing the 95 inch with the 06 heads and wiseco 4.6 cc pistons just not right now . I figured why by two cams when later on this year I will do the rest of the build .

Thanks F.k.

I'm still doing the 95 inch with the 06 heads and wiseco 4.6 cc pistons just not right now . I figured why by two cams when later on this year I will do the rest of the build .

Thanks F.k.

Why not do it all at the same time instead of doing it piecemeal? I know money may be a issue but why not wait until you have all the parts in hand. Seems like you're duplicating your efforts. JMO.

Why not do it all at the same time instead of doing it piecemeal? I know money may be a issue but why not wait until you have all the parts in hand. Seems like you're duplicating your efforts. JMO.

The only thing I have left is the pistons and heads and jugs. If I can ride the rest of the summer with the new cams , Il see how they work .

F.K.

The only thing I have left is the pistons and heads and jugs. If I can ride the rest of the summer with the new cams , Il see how they work .

F.K.

Jack is giving some good advice; you are duplicating effort. You really should dial back the patience meter a bit and wait until you have everything you need for the 95" build. If you just have to change cams, go on Ebay and pick up a set of SE204cams; they are cheap. Same intake close but ground in advance of 8*; they will make a difference. Save the 37s for the 95' motor.:coffee

Jack is giving some good advice; you are duplicating effort. You really should dial back the patience meter a bit and wait until you have everything you need for the 95" build. If you just have to change cams, go on Ebay and pick up a set of SE204cams; they are cheap. Same intake close but ground in advance of 8*; they will make a difference. Save the 37s for the 95' motor.:coffee

Ok I'll check it out .
Thanks F.K.

I have found a set of 203 for $99 and I have a bid in for 204 at 130. How would the 203 work in a stock engine .
Thanks F.K.

Back