free website stats program andrews 26 cam in 95 build | Page 19 | Harley Davidson Forums

andrews 26 cam in 95 build

I have found a set of 203 for $99 and I have a bid in for 204 at 130. How would the 203 work in a stock engine .
Thanks F.K.

OK but the 204 would be a better choice. $130 is not bad if it includes shipping; I have seen them go for $100 plus shipping.

OK but the 204 would be a better choice. $130 is not bad if it includes shipping; I have seen them go for $100 plus shipping.
No its pluse shipping . I'm at 122.50 but I have a resurve bid of 130.

F.K.
P.S. . This is with new bearrings as well

Well got the 204 in last night took it for a run nice pickup and acceleration I can notice the difrence , the sound is more meaty as well.
I'll let you know how they work o0n the hwy.

F.K.

Well got the 204 in last night took it for a run nice pickup and acceleration I can notice the difrence , the sound is more meaty as well.
I'll let you know how they work o0n the hwy.

F.K.

Good deal check your fuel consumption as well:s

Not necessarily. You might be surprised. Although your right wrist will affectt it for awhile...

Ya I have noticed that about my right wrist:D. I dont seem to use as much throtel(sp) to maintain the same speed as I used to ..
F.K.

That's what I noticed too with the 204s. I have prob. lost about 5 mpgs overall with these cams but that is without a dyno tune and expensive tuner....I have the gen 3 tuner. I am getting 40 highway and 35 local....well worth it....The bike has a killer lope now and sounds cool as heck. Waaaay better acceleration now and I don't even have any head work done. Congrats on your build.

That's what I noticed too with the 204s. I have prob. lost about 5 mpgs overall with these cams but that is without a dyno tune and expensive tuner....I have the gen 3 tuner. I am getting 40 highway and 35 local....well worth it....The bike has a killer lope now and sounds cool as heck. Waaaay better acceleration now and I don't even have any head work done. Congrats on your build.
I am only using a cobra tuner . The funny thing is I didn't neede to change the pot settings. I have no decel pop or anything. It used to pop once in a while with my old set up , but I'm thinking to much fuel and unburnt going off in the pipes .
F.K.

Actualy I did need to change the pot settings . I found at running speed It was jerking and missing . So I put up the green pot but It sounded like it was flooding .
I then proceeded to dial down the green pot tilll finaly its set at 1 . I get no surges, or decel pop and its running a lot smoother. I still get a hesitation once in a while on light throtel when trailing behind some one In a 40 mph zone , but that sounds like transition between Idle , cruze mode , and acelleration.
My MPG has gone down a bit but I may have the other pots too rich. There is no lag when I twist wrist.
F.K.

Back