free website stats program andrews 26 cam in 95 build | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

andrews 26 cam in 95 build

I have put the high flow pump in my bike. I haven't got the rest of the work done other then changing out the tensioner shoes and upgraded inner cam bearings .
I,m getting quite a lot of oil blow through my air cleaner . I have just orderd a three pack of springs and tool to change the oil pressure on the cam plate .
Will the new springs help with the crank case venting ?

Thanks Dave

Ok I found in the self help about a missalined oil pump. I'm getting good pressure from the pump .
Do I just loosen up the pump again and realine like the instructions say

Thanks F.K.

Ok I found in the self help about a missalined oil pump. I'm getting good pressure from the pump .
Do I just loosen up the pump again and realine like the instructions say

Thanks F.K.

Yup, are you sure about no cut O rings on pump and cam plate?

I havent taken the cam plate off again . I dont think so but you never know . Im going to get new cams in the next week , so I'll be back into it then . I am also putting in a new Oil pressure spring . The o ring for the oil pump / cam plate conection seemed a bit under sized in diameter to the indent on the oil pump . It could be there .I have another o ring with a larger diameter I can put in .
Thanks F.K.

I havent taken the cam plate off again . I dont think so but you never know . Im going to get new cams in the next week , so I'll be back into it then . I am also putting in a new Oil pressure spring . The o ring for the oil pump / cam plate conection seemed a bit under sized in diameter to the indent on the oil pump . It could be there .I have another o ring with a larger diameter I can put in .
Thanks F.K.

All the cam plate o-rings are critical; make sure you are using the correct o-rings. The o-ring at the scavenge port is 11293; same o-ring used to seal the upper end of the pushrod to the cylinder head. The cam plate to case o-ring is 11301 and the cam plat to pump o-ring is 11286. Don't try to use anything else.:coffee

I'm doing a bit at a time . I can afford the 37 cams and I can put them in . I'm going to wate till after the summer to get the 06 heads and jugs done .
Can I put the 37 cams in my 03 without changing out the heads till I'm ready? will the springs be able to take the .510 without binding ?
Thanks F.K.

Back