free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

FYI, if it matters, Mustang told me 09 seats available in December, and my (EDIT) ain't waiting that long. I would like to wait, but I'm not riding several thousand miles on that stock seat, I'm 57 and feeling it, and Mark's set up looks really fine to me.
You can buy the plain solo from Mustang for $289.00, other vendors like phatperformancepart.com have it for $259.95. The 11" pillion is $161.00 or $151.95 depending where you get it. More than a Sundowner, considerably less than $500.00.
Does anyone here use a backrest? I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, I'll probably save that for when I'm in my 70's LOL.

My advice.....
If your the patient type and can wait till Mustang gets off their butts and does the retrofit for the 09's, go ahead and wait. It did bug me that I had to modify a $300.00 seat when the rep told me it would fit, but I am not the patient type.

Not to mention I was scheduled to do a 3 day trip just last weekend (which got rained out) and certainly wasnt doing that on that lousy stock seat!

Finally, according the rep, what I did is all their going to do, re-locate the bumpers forward and closer together so they rest on the frame.

Man!......I wish the freekin rain would let up around here!!!!

I almost got caught in a major thunder boomer last night, I went about 15 miles up the road to the FLHDD ("friendly local harley-davidson dealer") to pick up some fog lights and a windshield bag. When I came out of the shop to leave, there was rain on my SG and clouds to the West that looked like a Dorothy and Toto kind of thing... beat feat back down the road and made it home just before the storm really hit. I'm just hoping that I can get some miles on this thing, got it 9/20 and still only have 250+ miles on it. I think I'm going to try Glider's break in recommendation... I have been running the bike up, I don't baby during break-in... but DRY ROADS WOULD BE NICE!!

Is the issue with the seat only for the Solo seats? Because it doesn't make sense because HD is selling their seats which cover 08-09. Just wondering... I too am not waiting until December. My bike will be asleep by then. I think I am just going to go with a C&C seat instead but wondering if the two up seat is going to have the same issue.

Alex (mustang) told me the issue with the one piece has to do with the fender or something. I wanted the one piece too, but am glad I did the 2 piece.

He claimed it wouldnt matter with the solo.....but of course it did.
But - I'm very happy I did it. Wouldnt trade this seat for anything.......except maybe an "air zepplin"!
Mark in Pa

While the 2-piece Mustang seats will fit, they leave a noticeable gap where the front of the seat meets the tank. They have just completed the mold for the pan to fit the '09s and will begin taking orders in December. (Based on a conversation with Mustang designer yesterday.)

Be careful of the sales guys...I wasn't given the whole story when I initially inquired about a seat for an '09 FLHR.

Does anyone here use a backrest? I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, I'll probably save that for when I'm in my 70's LOL.

LOL. I have a backrest on my Sporty and am putting one on my RK. It makes a huge difference for me. I haven't had any back pain whatsoever since putting it on.

BTW, I'm 60...had three really hard years you haven't! :D:D

Bob,

Our 2009 products will not be ready for customers until we start
production in January 2009.
Please check back with us during the winter months.
Thanks for your interest in Mustang.

Customer Service

Does anyone here use a backrest? I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that, I'll probably save that for when I'm in my 70's LOL

I have had a Mustang backrest for my Mustang 2-piece seat, and I can't be without it anymore. It's just awesome. I am 37, and have some lower-back problems, and it is just a godsend. I am selling my bike, but will be keeping the backrest to use for my new '09, because I will be ordering the same Mustang seat setup that I have now. I am sold on Mustang- they are the best imho. I HIGHLY recommend the backrest!!

Back