free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

I have had my Mustang solo (and passenger) seat for about 3 years now, and I couldn't be without it. I will definitely get another one for my 09. I talked to Mustang about mine fitting the newer bikes, and it definitely won't. It's worth it though for me to buy a new one for my new ride. It's so comfy, and REALLY well-made. And as you can see from Teleman's bike, they look GREAT too! Great prouduct!

Just in case any of you are considering a Mustang purchase....I got the rubber seat bumpers in the mail today and since it has been a wash out all day, decided to do the modification on the seat. I ended up having to take a grommet from an automotive shock absorber and saw it in half in order to increade the size of the bumbers as they were too short to reach the frame. Then with the added length, the pop rivits they sent were too short. A dab of black silicone and a couple stainless steele screws did the trick. Mission accomplished!

Thanks for all the posts! I just got back from a 3-day ride up the So Cal coast with about 70 other bikes. Many of them were on SGs and I was on my '05 Road King, without the ugly wind screen.

After the ride, my wife and I talked about getting a newer bike and I started my research. I couldn't believe what I found out about all the improvements to the '09 SG. Plus, I found this thread and I was sold. I knew this was the next bike for me.

So what does my wife do? She surprises me by calling a local dealer and putting a deposit on the only '09 SG in Vivid Black they have coming in next Friday! What a girl!

I am so stoked! I've been surfing all day at work figuring out what mods I want to make right off the bat. And this thread helped a lot. I'm going to get the 2-piece Mustang seat, which I had previously researched and was going to by for my RK. And I think I'm going to wait just a bit and see what aftermarket header/pipes come out for it. Other than that, I'm going to buy some wheels/tires/rotors/pulley immediately too!

Wish me luck! Next Friday's the big day!

I'll post stock and mod pics when I get them!

1300 miles and here are my thoughts.......I absolutely LOVE this bike!

With the recent addition of a set of highway pegs I can ride for hours in complete comfort. Thanks also to the mustang seat which has eliminated the sore spot on my ass. This bike smooths out at around 60 mph and you can run 70 or better all day in complete comfort. The engine vibrations are completely un noticable at these speeds. Smooth as glass!

I switched over to Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil at the 1000 mile service. Its been cool here so I cant speak to the reported 10 degrees reduction in engine temp, but I can say I have noticed no reduction in engine noise as some claim.

I used their "sever gear" lube for the tranny and noticed no difference in shifting or harley "clunking" so I guess all that is hype by those who sell this product. It is comforting however having what most consider to be the best lubrication product on the market swishing around inside the crankcase, primary & gearbox though.

Leaving Fri morning for a 3 day trip to the outter banks. I'll check back in when I return.

Mark in Pa

Bad as I wanted to make this little road trip, seems the weather gods are not pleased and this is one biker who has no interest in riding in the rain. Bummer! :(

Just picked up my 09 SG this afternoon If I didn't have to come to work tonight I would have probably had about 250 - 300 miles on it. When I got to work I had 71 miles. What a difference over the old setup, I have a 106" stroked 99 RK too. The handling of the 09 is phenomenal in comparison. Can't wait until I can really open it up. :newsmile107::D:D

Congrats! Its really tough to have to be at work knowing that awesome machine is sitting there outside just begging to be ridden aint it?....lol

I'll bet you snuck outside during working hours to just look at it several times too, didnt you? :)
I know I did!...lol

All I want to do is ride mine, which is why I'm so bummed about this crappy storm on the East coast. It has cancelled my planned trip to the Outer Banks tomorrow :(

As stated before, I totally love this bike. I let a guy at an independent bike shop ride it yesterday. He came back and said "it doesnt even feel like a Harley anymore". If what he meant by that was this bike is actually enjoyable to ride, then I am glad it doesnt "feel like a Harley".

I was on a Deuce for 6 yrs and rode a Dyna a short while prior to that. I remember my ass being itchy after just 30 minutes in the saddle from the vibrations on the Dyna and was real happy with the Duce (till I saw a SG in 06).

I am 50 yrs old and have no need or desire to prove to anyone how "cool" or "tough" I am anymore by riding an (old) Harley.

I want to be comfortable when I ride not stressed. Thats one reason I ride....stress relief!

Yup, these 09 models will no doubt have their detractors, (as is always the case when HD improves a product) - (remember how many people poo-pood the belt drive when it was introduced?) but me thinks the overwhelming majority will give the Mo-Co a thumbs up for the 09 Touring bikes!
Lets RIDE!!!
Mark in Pa

I did go outside and cranked the tunes!:p I am going to go out this afternoon before the friggin storms show up! It sucks weather's been great get a new bike and the rain comes. Don't feel like christening it in the rain yet.
Working 2nd shift until next week hopefully the weather idiots will be wrong as they are 75% of the time and it won't be so bad. Still have some good riding left before the winter though.:D:D:57:

I'm a ridin' fool!! Rain, winter, whatever- I'm on mine lol!! I do draw the line at snow though- just too dangerous there. Enjoy your rides fellas! I love hearing how excited you guys are, and I hope to have me a new SG muhself here soon!

Back