free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

Just won a slightly used set of "Rush" slipon's with 2" baffles on Ebay. Cant wait to get them on there and listen to that sweet rumble.

A friend at work has an 09 nite train with Rush slipons with the 2 1/2" baffles. A bit too loud for me but theI 1 1/2" I thought would be too much like stock.

Actually I never heard of Rush exhaust, but if your like me and looking for that just right sound got the glide, check em out here...

Rush Motorcycle Mufflers

2000 mi review:

Still love the bike but I have developed a front end "clunk" when hitting a bump like at a railroad crossing, manhole lid or a speed bump. This upsets me a bit, but I won’t get too p-o'd till I see whats causing it.

Sounds like the neck bearings, but they were adjusted at 1000 miles. One thing I was a bit disappointed to see when doing the neck bearing adjustment was the absence of the correct amount of grease in there!

The shop manual says to inject enough grease in the neck until you see it coming out the top and bottom. I probably pumped half a tube in there before I saw the grease! Now what was the Mo/co doing there? Saving money on grease? Gezzzze!

Anyway, I think I'm going to remove the fairing and see if something in there came, or is coming loose.

I installed the "Rush" - 2" slip-ons last week. What a difference! After the first ride I actually thought about putting the stockers back on but the more I ride it, the better I like it. Glad I didn’t go with the 2 & 1/2" though. They would definitely have been too loud for me. Having that fairing blocking all that wind noise really makes the exhaust note much, much more noticeable than say on a softail or really any bike with no windscreen.

As for the fuel mix, it seems to be ok. I installed a K&N in place of the stock paper filter to go along with the free flowing exhaust and it appears that the ECM has made the necessary adjustments. I probably should have it dyno'd to be sure, but with o2 sensors in the pipes, their supposed to send constant signals to the ECM pertaining to the fuel mix anyway, right? Probably should'nt have to pay the dealer to do a re-map.

Well, that’s it for now. I'm sure glad mother nature has blessed us with this great riding weather so late in the season. I'm gonna hate putting this ride to bed for the winter!

Mark in Pa

Wow! I knew there was a load of crap to go along with all this modern, computerized technology, but I had no idea there were so many issues!

I sent an email to TFI since I learned on yet another site that the FL computers on the 09's are completely different from the 08's.

At this point, I think I'll just take a look at my plugs and see how their burning and if they look ok, I'll just leave it alone.

It seems to be running fine and I have noticed a bit more HP as in not having to roll the throttle quite as much when pulling hills.

M

teleman001
Check out the HD Super Race Tuner... ain't cheap but I have one for my 09SG with Rush Baloney-Cut slip-ons and Arlen Ness AC, it made a very large difference. See my post earlier today, and thanks for the seat guidance!

Les (Bonedaddio)

Very nice looking color there bro!

Question - Do the hogtunes speakers give you a hundred bucks worth of better volume? If so, I'm getting some! : ) Especially now, with the slipons on there.

The susquehanna river in yer backyard ehh?
I'm in Catawissa.....near Bloomsburg which are both on the river.

Where are you located? We might have to hook up for a ride before ole man winter gets here!

Where did you purchase? Me, Vreelands.

M

Mark, I sent you an email.
I think the hogtunes definitely sound better, a little more bass and some volume before they start breaking up. You can hear they really well over the Rush slip-ons.
I'm in Wrightsville, on rte. 30 between Lancaster and York. Yeah, we should hook up for a ride, etc. Maybe we should go hear each other's bands??!
I bought at Laugherman's HD in York, I've been dealing with them since 1970, they always take care of me really well. Not free (heh heh), but well.

Re: Mustang Solo seat:
Again, thanks for showing the way on the Mustang solo! I talked to Mustang again yesterday, and they AGAIN told me in a kind of snotty tone that the Solo will NOT fit the '09 SG. I had asked support for some help getting bumpers, they refused, so I came up with "boot heel frame bumpers" and went my merry way. Oh well, I orded a fender mini-bib and left them happy in their ignorance.
A moment of Motorcycle Zen:
Dalai-Lama: "If you can't help them, Don't Hurt Them".
Bonedaddio: "whatever I put here would be deleted anyway"

In my quest to squeeze as much comfort as I can possibly can out of the Glide, I've made another small but important modification and thought I'd share.

I was actually getting used to the heel shifter but didnt like the way it restricted my foot as far as rearward movement was concerned.

I bought HD's "heel shift eliminator" which is just a chrome cap to cover the spline once you remove the heel lever, and while I was now able to move my left foot around I still had to twist my foot inward to upshift which kind of sucked.

I was pretty happy with the setup though until while watching "American thunder" a couple weeks ago I was introduced to Kuraykn's heel shift eliminator. This again is basically just a chrome sleeve, but theirs goes on first, then the toe lever is installed in the outboard position (instead of inboard), which of course moves the lever to the left. No more twisting the ankle!

If anybody wants, I'll be happy to post a picture.

Next.......floorboard extenders (as soon as they make them for the 09's)

2300 miles and still lovin it!

Mark in Pa

Back