free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

At this point no one has full pipes out yet, only slip-ons as 2008 will fit the 2009s. [/i]

Is the sound/performance significantly different with the slip-ons in comparison to the full exhaust system?

No idea others may be able to answer that question.

Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat for the 09 street glide? The stock seat is very uncomfortable for my passenger! Thanks

I purchased a Sundowner for mine and it is a piece of crap, I absolutely hate it!!! So I am trying to sell it on ebay now and I have decided on a corbin dual tour.

eBay Motors: FLHX & Road King & FL series Sundowner Seat '08-09 (item 130248045125 end time Aug-23-08 17:59:21 PDT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. What don't you like about the sundowner? If it is comfortable maybe I will bid on it! I hate to go back to dealer for a seat so I was thinking of mustang or some other aftermarket seat. I am just trying to please the wife!

No and the reason being is that the extended warranty purchased at the time of purchasing the bike begins at the date purchased. In other words you pay say $1k for a 5 year warranty which starts at the time you purchased the extended warranty. Instead what I plan to do is purchase the 5 year warranty right before the 2 yr manufacturer warranty is finished so for the same $1k I get 7 years of coverage instead of just 5. Based on my review of the policy there is only minimal benefits of the extended warranty as opposed to the original manufacturer warranty. One being they will replace tires, etc if you get a flat. Besides if nothing serious has gone wrong with the bike in the first two years which I anticipate having approx 15k miles I probably won't buy the extended warranty.

You need to look at the warranty again. Either way you get 3 additional years of warranty for the $1000. Buying it latter will not give you any more coverage time.

In fact you will have to pay an additional $150 if you don't buy the warranty within 90 days of the bike purchase or 2000 miles.

You need to look at the warranty again. Either way you get 3 additional years of warranty for the $1000. Buying it latter will not give you any more coverage time.

In fact you will have to pay an additional $150 if you don't buy the warranty within 90 days of the bike purchase or 2000 miles.

Yeah I read the policy. If I decide to buy a 5yr extended warranty this is how it would work: Buying the bike new I get two free years of HD protection so at the end of the two year "Free" policy period I buy the 5 year warranty I now have 7 years of protection (2008-2010 of free policy protection then 2011-2015 of the 5 yr extended). If I buy the policy now I only have 5 years because the two year period would technically not be utilized as both policies would overlap (2008-2010 free policy and 2008-2013 5yr extended). For the additional 2 years of coverage it is worth the $150.

But that being said the chances of me buying an extended policy is slim as after about 2 years I want a new bike anyway.

You are wrong on how you are figuring it out. The warranty price sheet says $999 for 5 years. That includes the 2 years of factory warranty. If you want 5 years after the 2 year factory warranty you have to buy the 7 year plan. Even if you wait for two years you will need to buy the 7 year plan to get the 5 additional years.

I know because I did it when my factory warranty was about to expire (2 years after original purchase). I had to buy the 7 year plan to get 5 more years of warranty.

I agree the price sheet is misleading. The price sheets for the plans are including the 2 year factory warranty in the total years for each plan. If you buy the 5 year plan, you only get 3 additional years of coverage no matter when you buy it within the factory warranty period.

Last edited:
ServicePlan.jpg

Thanks Glider for posting the price sheet. The sheet is misleading and not perfectly clear when looking at it unless you look at it very closely, but hopefully the fellow will believe what I am trying to explain to him. I know how it works because I went through it myself.

I went through it too, you are correct in what you stated. Just look at the third arrow down from the top where it states...

"Starts day after factory warranty expires"

The "available terms" are the total of extended WITH the factory included.

Back