free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Improvements over 2008

This is going to be my first harley. Spent 3 hours drooling over it today at showroom. Already spent next years income tax check YEAH!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!
The improve suspension sold me on buying this one over a used.

I have a 2006 SG and of course I bought it way too early. Now seeing your bike I'm totally jealous! Looks very cool and the pictures look great.

Thanks for sharing! Oh yeah and get the Reinharts...you wont regret it!!

Thanks for sharing pics & info. I just ordered an 09 SG, as I'm in Iraq and I won't see it until next summer when I return. I held out in 08, hoping they would come out with the Black Denim in 09 but they didn't. Therefore, I went basic and kept it safe with Vivid Black. Good thing I held out, as everyone seems to be very happy with the 09 improvements.

Question on the pipes, I seen another Blog where someone put on Vance & Hines Monstor Ovals on his brand new 09 SG and he appears to Love them. You seem to be prone to the Rineharts - does anyone have a good comparison and favorite between the two?

Thanks,

Thanks for sharing pics & info. I just ordered an 09 SG, as I'm in Iraq and I won't see it until next summer when I return. I held out in 08, hoping they would come out with the Black Denim in 09 but they didn't. Therefore, I went basic and kept it safe with Vivid Black. Good thing I held out, as everyone seems to be very happy with the 09 improvements.

Question on the pipes, I seen another Blog where someone put on Vance & Hines Monstor Ovals on his brand new 09 SG and he appears to Love them. You seem to be prone to the Rineharts - does anyone have a good comparison and favorite between the two?

Thanks,

Seems to be based more on preference. Based on my research the V&Hs are louder but the rineharts are deeper. If that makes sense... I am looking for a deeper meaner sounding bike that isn't annoying at highway speeds. Based on my reviews the V&Hs are louder at highways speeds where as the rineharts are deeper sounding pipes at all levels and not overly loud to the point of annoying. So I am leading toward the rineharts. At this point no one has full pipes out yet, only slip-ons as 2008 will fit the 2009s. I am going to wait till next season especially since I just ordered at Corbin Dual Tour for $550

Ok so I have about 600 miles on the bike now. My overall review is the bike is awesome! My previous bike was a 2006 Kawa Mean Streak probably easily the best handling Big Twin bike on the market period! So my comparison is relatively strict. I would easily say hands down that the 09 Street Glide is just an easily maneuverable as the mean streak. It is extremely versetial as far as handling. As far as the "flat tire" effect as others have mentioned on the FL series bike. I still don't know what that is? In fact if I rode a bike that had that "flat tire" effect i would return it immediately. Because even in 2008 that is bull! period! To pay $20k for a bike to performance as ass is Bull! So I can't speak to that, except for the fact that I have never experienced that on my 09 street glide. I have had my street glide in just about ever situation you can imagine. Just last week i got on the bike and about 31 miles from home it poured unbelievability to the point where i could only see about 20 feet in front of me, but because of a meeting I had to get to I rode through it. No problems whats so ever. This bike is awesome! My only compliant is the piece of $hit sundowner seat i purchased from the stealer based on their review. Other than that the bike is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you pick-up the Extended Warranty or Not and why?

I've elected for it, as of now but can still change my mind before I pick-up the bike.

Did you pick-up the Extended Warranty or Not and why?

I've elected for it, as of now but can still change my mind before I pick-up the bike.

No and the reason being is that the extended warranty purchased at the time of purchasing the bike begins at the date purchased. In other words you pay say $1k for a 5 year warranty which starts at the time you purchased the extended warranty. Instead what I plan to do is purchase the 5 year warranty right before the 2 yr manufacturer warranty is finished so for the same $1k I get 7 years of coverage instead of just 5. Based on my review of the policy there is only minimal benefits of the extended warranty as opposed to the original manufacturer warranty. One being they will replace tires, etc if you get a flat. Besides if nothing serious has gone wrong with the bike in the first two years which I anticipate having approx 15k miles I probably won't buy the extended warranty.

Your making it easier for me to OK my wife to sell her 08 Nightster 1200 for a 09 blue demin Street Glide. That didn't take long. I think it is the 3.3 gallon tank and no way to carry anything except her backpack.
Actually, she really doesn't need my approval, I am all for it.

At this point no one has full pipes out yet, only slip-ons as 2008 will fit the 2009s. [/I]

Is the sound/performance significantly different with the slip-ons in comparison to the full exhaust system?

Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat for the 09 street glide? The stock seat is very uncomfortable for my passenger! Thanks

Back