free website stats program What was your first street bike? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first street bike?

I bought my first bike in 1966, it was a 1949 250cc BSA c11 rigid rear end with telescopic forks, I paid £3 10shillings for it. three and a half british pounds. The good old days.

John

Not my first bike but my first HD ride was an old 1940 somethin rigid...didnt make me fall in love with HD at the time but it was a fun ride in its own backbreakin way

1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

bike2.jpg

What was your first street bike?
I think it was a huffy......Waite a minute, you mean motor bike..ok,.. that'll probably give away my age but, my first legal street bike registered to me was a 54? BSA Gold Star, 500cc's of gut wrenching torque, and enough vibration to make fun of a jack hammer. It was all good.:D

The QA50 doesnt count or it would remind me of how old I'm getting and the QA50 I test road for about 14 feet into the front bumper of my dads pickup, bloody noose and 2 broke fingers but I was hooked. Never bought the 50 though, Dad bought me a Hodaka Ace 100 for Christmas the next year. First 1 in the whole county, it was way to tall but rode it anyway!
Have to make a correction bike was a ZA50 not the latter QA50

The QA50 doesnt count or it would remind me of how old I'm getting and the QA50 I test road for about 14 feet into the front bumper of my dads pickup, bloody noose and 2 broke fingers but I was hooked. Never bought the 50 though, Dad bought me a Hodaka Ace 100 for Christmas the next year. First 1 in the whole county, it was way to tall but rode it anyway!
I think everyone had one of these. We had Super Rat and a Wombat for the kid's way back when.:D

rat-400.jpg

My very first bike was a Suzuki 1000. I never had any bikes growing up and I just jumped in and went for the gusto all at once. It was interesting but I made it.

Back