free website stats program What was your first bike? | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

A Gold Honda CB 200. I met my best friend in H.S. the first week when I pulled into the parking lot and saw him sitting on the same exact model, except it was silver.

actually after thinking bout it,

it would be that briggs and stratton hard tail mini bike i got for my

4th birthday:bigsmiley28:

First street bike was a blue 78 Suzuki GS400. It was a good little bike and I rode it for about 3yrs. My 17 yr old stepson bought an 85 250 rebel fixer-upper. He has it just about road ready and after a few rides through the neighborhood, already wants something faster. I wish he would ride the rebel for awhile before jumping on a crotch rocket. I want to teach my wife to ride on the rebel- it seems perfect to learn on , especially if you're 5'2".
Mark

I was born and raised in eastern PA. (Fleetwood and Reading, PA) When I was a kid, Triumph's, Norton's and BSA's were popular. My first bike was a Triumph TR6 'chopper'. I was 15. I traded a '66 Mustang for it. The Mustang needed a tranny.

My first bike was a bike with a Briggs and Straton reel lawnmower engine with a centrifical clutch. Learned about gear ratios the hard way. When I got out of the Army I bought a new 1970 Honda CL450 for $1025 cash which was a large powerful bike at the time. A Honda Shadow VLX would be a good first bike too.

My parents bought one of these for me when I was 13. Rode it until I was 16 and traded it for my first car. Had a top speed of about 35 mph. :D

Sears_Allstate_Moped.jpg

1968 Honda CL 350 Scrambler like this one. Mine was the same color, just
not as nice. I got it when I was a junior in high school.

1968Cl350K-2sm.jpg

Back