free website stats program What was your first bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

ajjacobs

So, my little brother is looking to get into riding. Today we were talking about what kind of bike he should get. A Harley is likely out of the question as he is young and doesn't have much money. So I ask you all, what was you first bike? What did you like/hate about it? For me my first street bike was a '76 Honda CB550SS, which I still have and he will ride some, but he wants his something of his own.

AJ

get him a honda rebel. their not too big and not too small. i've never owned one but thats what i think is best for a kid that doesn't have much doe

We were looking at the Rebel. I grew up on Honda's and think the Rebel is a nice first bike. He wanted the 250cc but, I think he would grow bored with it quickly. told him to look at the 500 or better. This leads another question, I guess, how big was the engine on you first? Thanks all.

AJ

When I turned 16 I bought a brand new '74 Suzuki GT 250. Being 5'5" and 120 lbs soakin' wet, the bike fit me fairly well.

My first bike was a Kawasaki KZ650.Got it in a trade for a yz125 at 15 and loved it.
We bought a 2001 Honda Shadow ACE 750 for the wifes first bike back in 03.A great first bike that you wont grow out of right away and would keep up with any bike in any situation yet was surprisingly light for its size.
We had that bike for 6 years with absolutely no trouble.Sold it for $3000 to a friend who now rides with us.Not sure of your price range but at or around $3000 Id recomend taking a look at the Shadows.

Kawasaki 185 Enduro for my 16th birthday, from my dad. I wouldn't recommend anything that small to someone who wants to do serious riding.

Back