free website stats program What was your first bike? | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

What was your first bike?

Honda CT50 when I was about 10 or 11.

Brings up a story. When my wife of 13 years and I got together I was between bikes. I had never had a Harley and wanted to have at least one before I die. I was in the process of talking her into the idea when one night we went to visit my parents. The Harley idea came up and her eyes lit up. She knew she had me because my dad is extremely conservative and pretty much anti-everything. She just knew he would be anti-motorcycle. Hahaha! Little did she know that it was dad that got me into riding in the first place.

1977 KZ400. Sold it to buy a 81 Honda CB650C, which is still in pole barn - and still runs if I put a battery in it. Funny thing is I don't much care for Honda's any more:)

Xmas 1963 my parents gave me a very nice 1962 Cushman with a 5hp engine with a step down kick starter, centrifigul clutch and 2 speed tranny. It had a tank mounted gear shift and no spring return on the throttle. This two wheeler looked like the Cushman Eagle of that era but with a smaller engine.

I turned 14 that March and rode it all over Mesquite and East Dallas for two years. I would start out with 35 or 40 cents for 1-1/2 gallons of gas and ride all day. Good memories. :) Oh.... 60mph if the wind wasn't in my face. LOL

Last edited:
1975 Yamaha RD200...liked having a street bike w/pep (2-cyl/2-stroke). Unfortunately one of my good friends dumped it doing a wheelie:devil. Got it repaired & sold to my cousin who turned it into a dirt bike:33:

Attachments

• 75 Yamaha RD200.jpg
    75 Yamaha RD200.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
My parents bought one of these for me when I was 13. Rode it until I was 16 and traded it for my first car. Had a top speed of about 35 mph. :D

Don't know what happened to the first picture. Maybe this one will show up.

MopedCoralCream1960.jpg

My first ride was an early 80's Yamaha Midnight Virago...having grown up around Harleys, I was always a little embarassed on it. Nowadays, you can get some really good deals on 883s and 1200 Sportsters. :D

Back