free website stats program What did you take your test on? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

What did you take your test on?

Due to a loophole in 1968 Cali DMV regs, took it in a driver's ed car. :D

Back then, you had to be 18 to get a MC lic, but only 16 to get car license.

You could legally ride a bike with a car license, no further testing required. :s

When my license was up for renewal, at the age of 19, I took the newly enacted MC test on a 1964 Sportster.

It was my only / go anywhere bike ( including the dirt ) so a few cones and U turn weren't so bad.

1964_HD_Sportster__1972_sharpen.jpg
That is a great picture, I love the seat on the bike..

Wow, that was like 28 years ago but I still remember that cool little red and white Honda CL125s .
Vin # CL125S1123158 . I remember that well cause a few hours after I took and passed the test on it, somebody stole it right out of my side driveway. Never to be seen again.

Wow, that was like 28 years ago but I still remember that cool little red and white Honda CL125s .
Vin # CL125S1123158 . I remember that well cause a few hours after I took and passed the test on it, somebody stole it right out of my side driveway. Never to be seen again.

Wow, wonder if the local "constable" could trace the VIN and collar the thief 28 years later over the CHRISTMAS holiday...now that would be a fine GIFT wouldn't you say? :bigsmiley19:

Last edited:
Actually I have no idea what I will be taking the test on. This week I will get my learners permit, if it ever stops snowing that is. That will allow me to ride until the riding course I enrolled in starts. When I pass the riding course I don't have to take the state test, I just give them my certificate from the class.

The riding class uses bikes in the 125 to 350cc class so it will be on one of them. While I had ridden for 20+ years way back when, I figured it would be best to take the riding course to relearn my skills and find out what has changed in the years in between. I know motorcycles sure are different from what I remember. It's a good thing I haven't changed any......
23.gif

Actually I have no idea what I will be taking the test on. This week I will get my learners permit, if it ever stops snowing that is. That will allow me to ride until the riding course I enrolled in starts. When I pass the riding course I don't have to take the state test, I just give them my certificate from the class.

The riding class uses bikes in the 125 to 350cc class so it will be on one of them. While I had ridden for 20+ years way back when, I figured it would be best to take the riding course to relearn my skills and find out what has changed in the years in between. I know motorcycles sure are different from what I remember. It's a good thing I haven't changed any......
23.gif
I wanted to take the riding course, but it was completely booked up for the season. My next option was to take a private course, same as the state run course, but private owned and with a nice price tag. The only problem with that was it was a hour and a half away and it was three days course on the weekend. It would have been nice to take the course, but it was very inconvenient for me and not to mention it was late August when I was going for my licence. I was anxious to ride, I was looking forward to riding in the fall months. I did not feel like waiting till spring to do the course.

I was already illegally riding my Road King when I took the riders course. The joke was it would be funny if I dumped the little Buell they had us riding. I did one last practice before I took my test, and sure enough, I dumped the bike. The instructor told me when I took my test, the only thing that would fail me is dumping the bike. He said if it starts falling, stop it. It started falling during the test, and I caught it, luckily. Funny, I couldn't do that maneuver on that little bike, but I could on my RK.

Back