free website stats program What did you take your test on? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

What did you take your test on?

I agree 101%. There's a video out there (I wish I could post it) guy just gets his 39000 Harley. You can tell as soon as he lets out the clutch he didn't have a clue. Bam, sure enough, into a parked car. The weight of the bike is the main thing. Thinking your good riding a 350lb bike is not the same as 700.
Here it is. It's not funny (well, maybe a little) but you can see the guy clearly has no clue what's going to happen when he lets the clutch out. I wonder what he tested on?

YouTube - Harley Davidson - First Ride goes wrong !

Every time I see that video, I think of that guy and what he was trying to show off doing. Looks like he was trying to pull a wheel as he started to turn.

Bet he'll never try that again.

I Took The Msf Course Also. I Used A Honda Rebel 250 And A Honda Nighthawk 250 That Weekend Which They Provided. I Have A Hd Sportster 883l Which I Had Already Been Riding Since I Had A Permit. They Test You On The Written And The Ride Both On The Last Day Of The Class Then Send You A Card In The Mail If You Passed Both Tests Then You Take It To The Dmv And They Give You A License.
I Definitely Recomend The Msf Course Even If Already Have A License. First Weekend After Class I Had To Use The Quick Stop , Frequently Have To Use The Swerving Methods Mainly Because The Roads Are Horrible Around Here With Big Potholes, Last Weekend Our Group Was Riding I Was The 2nd Bike In My Line , There Was A Plastic Planter In The Middle Of The Road ,a Big One, Which The Wind And The Bikes Going By Started It Moving Around . Our Friend That Was In Front Of Me Then Slowed Alot More And Suddenely Which Led Me To Also Braking And Swerving To Keep From Hitting Her Back Tire. The Back Wheel Locked Up And The Back In Started To Slide Which Started The Wobble On The Front End. Let Off The Front Brake Wobble Stopped And So Did The Slide And I Was Slowed Down Enough So I Was Then Able To Let Off The Back Brake And I Got Straightened Out And We Were Able To Make It To Our Ice Cream Stopping Point Without Anymore Difficulties. The Bottom Line Is If I Wouldn't Have Taken The Class I Wouldn't Have Came Out Of This Situation With My Bike And Me In One Piece That And The Fact The Man Upstairs Took Over The Handling Of The Bike.
So Definitely Take A Course Of Some Kind No Matter How Long You Have Been Riding.

I took mine on my Electra glide and did just fine. But the slow ride is a challenge
:newsmile026:

Just for fun yesterday I went and did the test after hours. I passed!!! Well I think I did anyway..

But you got to love riding in the North East in December with light clothing, at this rate, I will be riding all winter :D

Back