free website stats program Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS) | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS)

Sorry to hear of your accident. I can feel your pain since I had a full knee replacement this time last year. It was very hard. I am in my mid thirties, so it was not easy. They say the younger you are, the harder it is and they are right. I am curious, did you hit the deer in the dark or was the sun up??

I know I was driving to work the other night and I was thinking how I would like to ride my bike to work and within a few minutes of that thought, out ran the deer. I missed him by an inch. That just about erased any thoughts of riding to work on my bike..Deer run out on me all the time, I usually see them, but this one surprised me.

Well have a speedy recovery and get some rest..

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your accident. I can feel your pain since I had a full knee replacement this time last year. It was very hard. I am in my mid thirties, so it was not easy. They say the younger you are, the harder it is and they are right. I am curious, did you hit the deer in the dark or was the sun up??

I know I was driving to work the other night and I was thinking how I would like to ride my bike to work and within a few minutes of that thought, out ran the deer. I missed him by an inch. That just about erased any thoughts of riding to work on my bike..Deer run out on me all the time, I usually see them, but this one surprised me.

Well have a speedy recovery and get some rest..

It was dark out when I hit it. 6:10 am

I hope and pray for your speedy recovery, I am so sorry that any person out there could do that to another person. but what goes around comes around!!!!!!!! Keep your chin up and stay strong and you will be back out there with the wind in your face!! God Bless!!

Good luck on your recovery. Remember that physical therapy is, to a great extent, a thing of the mind. As long as the surgeons did their part.

I was thinking what a terrible thing it was for the car driver to run away, then I remembered something that happened to me about 35 years ago.

Now before you all get riled up please don't think I want to excuse the car driver. Just keep this in mind and think about what you would do.

I was driving in western NY State. Down near Mayville. I was following another car that I didn't know. Up ahead was an intersection at the top of a hill and I saw a lot of dirt get kicked up like someone had run off the road. When we got close enough we saw a car sitting sort of on its side and backwards in a ditch. Smoke or steam - I couldn't be sure which it was - were coming from the wrecked car. The windshield was smashed like a head had hit it. Seat belt usage was spotty in those days and folks smashed into windshields pretty often.

We both pulled over and I jumped out of my car to run up (I could run in those days) and try to help. When I came up to the first car the driver was just standing there. As I went by him he stopped me and said he just couldn't go up to that car. I went up to the wrecked car and the driver of the first car got in, did a U turn and left. I didn't waste a lot of time thinking about it right then.

It turned out that the driver of the wrecked car wasn't too seriously hurt and I shut off the wrecked car and did what I could until a Sheriff's deputy arrived. (Someone in a nearby house had seen the accident and had called the police to report it.) Mostly I mopped up blood from the woman's face and convinced her to just stay in the car and not move until the ambulance arrived.

I gave my report and the lady who had reported the accident came out to talk to the deputy. She mentioned the car that had turned around and left. It turned out that the deputy knew the car and driver who had left. He told me that the person had been in an accident about a year before that where they were stuck in the car with a family member who had been, rather messily, killed. The deputy's viewpoint was that it was entirely understandable that the driver hadn't been able to come up and give assistance.

So, while I think it's a pretty crummy thing to turn around and run away from something like your accident, you just never know what makes people act the way they do.

Maybe when it comes time for them to account for their actions they'll have an acceptable reason.

Many prayers from the Ozarks. God speed on the recovery. You have the fight, the will, and the faith....you will be back on the bike in no time...in one piece. Always beat the odds.

Godspeed on your recovery. I always ride with a deer whistle on here in Washington because the deer kills are posted on the roads on the east side of the mountains.

Hi Lady Di! Im doing good. Cant wait for my next doctors appt. I wanna start walking on it soon!!! Even if it is only partial weight bearing. I usually only get out on the weekends that my hubby is home. We will go out and eat and then go to the store. Oh the fun!!!! lol

So sorry to hear you were in this accident. Hope your recovery is swift! We have the same problem down here with kangaroos as you do with your deer.

Back