free website stats program Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch out 4 those deer (GORY PICS)

WoW!! what a peice of human extraction to leave you laying in the road...INJURED! THEY will get the just due they deserve for this. Glad to hear your on the road to recovery, get riding soon.

Wow Pook, that is ugly, I sure hope that you make a speedy recovery & do well. You are very close to where I live, (Warren Co. for me), man, that stinks. I won't even get into anything about the person who left. :( They will get theirs as was said earlier. I really hope the early conclusion by reporter is wrong, (the part about you possibly losing the leg. :( :(

I hope you are in the mood for some humor, but I always look for something to call 'good' about a situation, and all I can say is that at least it happened at the end of riding season.

Best of luck to you! :56:

Wow Pook, that is ugly, I sure hope that you make a speedy recovery & do well. You are very close to where I live, (Warren Co. for me), man, that stinks. I won't even get into anything about the person who left. :( They will get theirs as was said earlier. I really hope the early conclusion by reporter is wrong, (the part about you possibly losing the leg. :( :(

I hope you are in the mood for some humor, but I always look for something to call 'good' about a situation, and all I can say is that at least it happened at the end of riding season.

Best of luck to you! :56:

The docor told me its very possible that i might lose the leg. Depends on circulation and whether i get infection. I guess it was busted and had bone marrow exposed. he said that was very serious. Also they couldnt find a pulse in my leg for about 3 hrs after surgery. Might be vein & nerve damage. I have more surgery on Wed.
As far as a sense of humor, yes i have one. We have been joking around. You wont believe where my hospital bed is in our house..........The den, Im facing the television and this.

h9-21.jpg

I was just thinking, I need to see if my gremlin bell is still on my bike. I also need a new helmet. They told me if I wouldnt have had on a helmet i probly wouldnt be here. Lots of road contact on my helmet.

I've been following since you 1st posted about your accident, and you will continue to be in my prayers.
You know we're all pulling for your recovery and a speedy return to your normal self. Best wishes for successful surgery on Wed. Hopefully all will go well and you will be on the road to recovery.

OUCH! My wishes for fast recovery to you.

You have a wonderful sense of humor...I had a laugh over the way your bed is facing!! LOL. I am sure that your humor will help you at a time like this.

I just don't get how anyone could leave someone like that but have had 2 similar experiences in my life. We are just glad you made it!!

Pookibr,

How long will you have the external fixator on your leg? I'm also curious about your leg injury. What bones were broken? Was you knee involved? From the placement of the fixator mounts it's hard to tell what other pins you may have, if you have any.

I guess if you are having another surgury Wednesday, the frame just for stablizing the your leg. Hopefully the no pulse problem is solved.

Having had something similar happen, I'm just curious about your course of treatment. Long term fixation may cause blood clots. I spend 5 extra days in the hospital because they I developed them.

Attached is a picture of my right leg after a racing accident back in the 2001. I had a tibial plateau fracture with external fixation and a fasciotomy. I needed a fasciotomy because my leg started to swell, and there by lowering the pulse in my foot, and it was the only way to relieve the pressure. If they didn't do it, I would have lost my lower leg.

Get well soon....

Attachments

• sizeimage.jpg
    sizeimage.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Now, that's just on the verge of meanness there :s I'm glad you have a sense of humor, it will help. I broke my leg about this same time of year way back when, (no where near the severity of yours) but I can warn you that when you do get up & about, next week ?? :s, beware, crutches on ice is not a good combination. Don't ask me how I know.....:newsmile08:

Anyway, I will say that I wish I had a great community of friends all over the world to help the time pass. I did have a bunch of friends to stop by & torture me when they could.

Hang in there, keep us posted, & we will remember you in our prayers.

Back