free website stats program Transmission Dipstick! | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Dipstick!

Even more confused now than ever before.:unsure If you look at the photo of the dipstick you'll see two marks. Did some measuring today and if it was rubbing against the milled piece, there would be a mark exactly half way between the two marks. So neither of the marks are caused by the piece inside the transmission. Should hear something from Harley this coming week, so will post their explanation. Someone mentioned that it has something to do with the chroming process and that all harley dipsticks have these two marks. At least it's not parked as I got the ok from the dealer to ride it like I stole it or something along that line :D

I did my first fluid change on my 2010 Ultra yesterday and noticed a couple of marks on my stick. Even though this looks like a really beefed up dipstick, I will still keep an eye on it and cut it if I suspect anything more going on.

I did my first fluid change on my 2010 Ultra yesterday and noticed a couple of marks on my stick. Even though this looks like a really beefed up dipstick, I will still keep an eye on it and cut it if I suspect anything more going on.

Why wait?

Did not know about this transmission dipstick issue,but sure glad someone posted it. Thank You Thank You Thank You. I have several friends that ride the touring models,and I will relay this info. I ride a 2008 Streetglide,and will fix this today. This is a great community.

Did not know about this transmission dipstick issue,but sure glad someone posted it. Thank You Thank You Thank You. I have several friends that ride the touring models,and I will relay this info. I ride a 2008 Streetglide,and will fix this today. This is a great community.
I'll second that! I told the guys at work about the tranny dip stick. They had never heard of that problem before. I told them neither did I but when I checked my '03 Ultra, sure enough, the cable was scoring the side of the dip stick. Afterwards they checked their own bikes and found similar problems! THANK YOU HD TALKING COMMUNITY! You're the best!

With all this information given and time and money saved, why wait to hit the DONATE buton? Help support who support this site and ultimately help each of us..... us!:s:57:

Back