free website stats program Transmission Dipstick! | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Transmission Dipstick!

I was waiting to buy a new dipstick before I cut mine off, then realized it would be a long time before I went by the HD store. I cut mine off today, it only took about a dozen short, easy strokes with the hacksaw and it was off. I put the cut end in the vise and snaped it in two with only my bare hand. I smacked a piece, and it took several real hard blows to flatten it out. Before cutting the stick off, I measured my oil, then made a dipstick out of a carrage bolt and 2 fender washers. I ground a flat spot on one side and notched a full mark, the bottom of the bolt is add oil. I just plop it in the hole and see where the oil is. I'll keep it in the drawer with my special HD tools.

Hobbit; Even though you have a hydralulic clutch, doesn't your dipstick go into the main trans. case? Or is it in the trans. end?

Breeze you the man great idea:D

have to get a dipstick for the fatboy i changed min early to the hex head style on my RKC and never seen anymarks on it

Back