free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

Although I do not have a HD yet but I will keep all these points in mind when I will have one.
Thank folks for sharing all these useful details.
Keep rocking

Noddy

On my daily commute i use the same gasstation and the same pump. THe pump lets me use a smooth pull on the handle. I can fill up the tank awithout spillage.
On a poor note though it is illegal in the state of Orygun to have the gas station attendant top off your tank. On the pluss side that only aplies to cars. Motocycle riders can pump their own feul
There are no gas station attendants in Indiana, everyone pumps their own.

Re: Boot scuffs

My wife got her boot too close to the pipe and left a good sized black mark. I couldn't figure out how to remove it and finally came up with "use a propane soldiering torch on it". Apply the heat until it gets really soft and then just scrape it off. Repeat until satisfied. Works like a charm and does not leave any kind of 'mark'.

Hmm open concentrated flame near your bike...I would think that would be a thing NOT to do...especially if your bike is carbureted...or older model that did not have closed fuel system... :small3d015: JMHO

If your gonna leave the bike sit for any extended periods,get ALL the gas out of the entire system.Mine sits for 2-3 month's sometimes between hometime and I drain my tank and ride around till I use up all the gas in the carb.99% of the time I get it all out but every now and then I gotta tear down the carb and clean every nook and cranny.Also I hear that something in the gas will evaporate leaving (EDIT) gas in the tank.I made the mistake and left the gas in the tank and I was gone for about a month and a half and the inside up to the gas level was completely rusted.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back