free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

Armour all on your seat as well, you'll be a passenger quick:p

Stuff some rags or block the ends of your pipes or the mice and chipmunks will do it for you

Last edited by a moderator:
I once watched a guy use a spray on (automotive) wheel & tire cleaner on his H-D's wheels and tires at a hand car wash........ when he rode out of the car wash parking lot after wiping the water off his bike, he crashed.

It will also break down the adhesive that holds your wheel weights.

Never use a leaf blower to dry your ride unless you dampen the area for about 12' around your bike with water first.

This keeps the dust from the immediate area around your ride out of the leaf blower so you don't 'sand blast' your beautiful paint and chrome.

Never use a leaf blower to dry your ride unless you dampen the area for about 12' around your bike with water first.

This keeps the dust from the immediate area around your ride out of the leaf blower so you don't 'sand blast' your beautiful paint and chrome.

YouTube - Metro Air Force Blaster Motorcycle Dryer

If you can get the $$ together - this is a really good piece of kit. I've been very pleased with mine. Good for when you wash the bike or if you've been caught in a downpour..

I keep a spare sparkplug or two in the toolbox and always tape a few fuses close to the fuse holder on my older bikes. I've had to use them more than once!

Be careful when using carburetor cleaners or strong solvent sprays...make sure to cover painted surfaces...especially the seeming unpainted ones...the engine has black and silver colored paints that will quickly "liquify" if you get Gumout Carb Spray on them...if you do get overspray...quicky use spray bottle of filtered/distilled clear water to dilute area as quickly as possible AND DO NOT RUB OR WIPE...!

If you must hit that starter button while standing beside your bike.... make "SURE" it is in neutral. Or hold the clutch lever!

It's not so bad if you are standing on the left side...

I was running late for work one day , uncovered bike , loaded my belongings fired up bike let it run for a miunte or so jumped on to take off and instead ended up on my side. The bike only had a thousand or so miles as it was my new bike, my first brand new electraglide classic. The cause of course was the very effective disc lock. I like the lock very much so i found some plastic covered wire that happeened to be orange and was loosely coiled put one nnd on lock , and when i use it i pull the other to the throttle or ign. Switch.. Havent forgot it since.
Another thing i see some riders do at a stop they will be centered behind the car or trk. In front of them, and in my mind at least, a bit too close. I was taught to stay back a bit further and slightly pointed from out around the veh. In frnt. +++keep an eye on whats coming up on you , if its not stopping you might have a shot out of a bad situation by moving around the car your behind.

Back