free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

I had a friend try Armorall on his seat. Did he ever have a look the frist time he tried to stop fast. He slid up on the tank. Bet he will never do that again.

Here is one, but don't even ask!

1. Never set down a propane torch used for heating a stubborn boldt without first shutting it off.

2. Never pet the burning dog in the shop.

I had a friend try Armorall on his seat. Did he ever have a look the frist time he tried to stop fast. He slid up on the tank. Bet he will never do that again.

I did that years ago. My problem wasn't on trying to stop it was trying to stay on the seat when I accelerated. :bigsmiley24:

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT INFO, I've been useing windex and pig snot, I never herd of useing plage, Im going to try it tomorrow.

Never rely on just the front brake when pulling into the garage or any other place. The rear end is apt to slide out causing you to go down. Always put your BRAIN in gear before putting your bike in gear. Don't ride under the influnce or when you have just downed a six pac.

If you wear jeans/trousers which are in any way loose in the leg - be really careful not to catch the leg end of your jeans on the peg as you put your left foot down at a stop. Happened to me and it just kept my left foot from grounding properly and I SOOOO nearly dropped it at traffic lights. Very nearly herniated myself holding her up :hummer.

Last edited:
If you wear jeans/trousers which are in any way loose in the leg - be really careful not to catch the leg end of your jeans on the peg as you put your left foot down at a stop. Happened to me and it just kept my left foot from grounding properly and I SOOOO nearly dropped it at traffic lights. Very nearly herniated myself holding her up :hummer.

I second this advice. Happened to me on my 05 Goldwing with the stock pegs, except I wasn't able to stop it from dropping. My 09 Road Glide has floorboards so it's harder to catch a pant leg. Now I'm thinking that floorboards on the Wing would be nice and safer.

Back