free website stats program The have & the have nots | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

The have & the have nots

I became a member a week after I picked up the bike :D Riding 2 up - when I shouldn't have been - came up to a stop on a slanted road (to the left) - almost stopped - bike leaned to the left - passenger decided to step off - bike went down. No damage other than to my pride - picked the bike up the wrong way, and went on my way. That was 2 years ago - I still avoid that stop...

I also belong to the Have group,Bike was parked on my sidewalk and the grass was wet,got on the bike put right foot on the ground to hold the bike while putting up the kickstand and then it happened.Me and the bike took a ride to the grass,nothing hurt but my pride and thats ok with me. ride safe guys!:D

I am have :(. Couple months ago was doing a U-turn and a car came out a driveway right in front of me. Didn't think and grabbed front brake and over I went. Just a couple scuffs on mirror and left peg. Only injury to me was my pride. Done a lot fo U-turn practising since then.

I'm a member also. A very slow sharp right turn used the front brake. Luckly two days before I had put an engine guard on. I felt lucky and dumb at the same time. Or is that dumb luck.

Welcome to the club. It is kind of like the rain, I've been wet before and will get wet again. I am guilty of using the front brake also when I should not. It is surprising how quick we can pick the bike up when it is laying down.

I've dumped my bikes a few times over the years, always as the result of doing something I shouldn't have.
Any tumble you can talk about after is good, especially if you learn things like A) come to a complete stop and B) when the front wheel is turned, the front brake is not your friend (and C) take the (EDITED) disc lock OFF before trying to ride away:D)

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I can't believe you posted that because I am sitting here at my computer right at this moment with a very, very sore ankle having dumped my '03 Ultra doing a "California Stop" because I was in a hurry to get my bike in for its 20K service. And just exactly as you said, I was turning right, had a little downhill momentum at the stop sign, ready to roll right through the stop sign, and there's a car coming! So into my right turn I hit my from brake and before I knew it the bike was down. I couldn't hold it up. I thought I broke my ankle! Seriously! I called the HD dealership and told them to please stay open for me as I am on my way. No more rolling through stop signs when I am not sure of the outcome. And it's like 01Dynaglide said "Just be glad you didn't hit the cager"! I sure am glad that it wasn't worse. The bike is fine, but I have read it many times on this forum, if you are in a low speed turn and you hit the front brake, you will go down. I believe it now!

Count me in the group of have's. Late at night came home got off bike to open garage door and forgot put down jiffy stand. That taught me to take an opener instead of using the keypad.

Back