free website stats program The have & the have nots | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

The have & the have nots

I've been down more than once. I could probably be president of the "have" club. Last time I was on a Kawasaki Concourse pulling up to the gas pumps prior to crossing Beartooth pass. One minute I'm up and the next my bike is laying on its side running at redline. I think it was a combination of my inattention, a dip next to the pumps and a top heavy motorcycle. Broke the footpeg, scratched the mirror and bruised my ego.

On the plus side I had my riding buddy mention the crash to his wife knowing she would call mine. When mine called me I blamed it all on a design flaw with the kawi and told her I was going to eventually trade it for something safer. She assumed I meant when I got home from my trip, not! I traded it away for a new Road King at Yellowstone H.D. Wife was so happy to see me alive when I got home she didn't get pissed until two day's later.

very nicely done. do you sell used cars for a living?

I think there are three kinds of riders, the haves, the have not’s, and those who lie about it. Been there done that and have the scars to prove it. After about a 20 year gap I now ride again and love to have the shiny side up.

I think there are three kinds of riders, the haves, the have not’s, and those who lie about it. Been there done that and have the scars to prove it. After about a 20 year gap I now ride again and love to have the shiny side up.

Here Here, keep your fingers crossed:s

Since we are sharing I'll dig into the memory;
I am a very lucky have.
1974 on 1974 yammmmaha, mud washed onto street. Wearing shorts. Slipped 3 times, buring leg on exhaust each time, finally just dropped it! Burns are bad pain.
1977? same bike, hit an oil slick on the on ramp of an LA freeway. Minor scrapes to each of us.
1980 on 78 HD loose gravel on corner. Dented tank, scrapes to us.
1985? on Pan, riding to work on Canal Blvd N.O. bumpy street, in the blink of an eye I'm sliding behind it. Thoughts were "gosh, thats a big bike"! Damaged tank & running days are over!
I never dropped the Knuckle!:D
1999 w/98 FB, fell over in parking lot. Opps. Embarassing. :khee Clutch handle still bent in a good way!
2011 w/08 FB in VN. Buddies brake lite out & moped makes left turn in front of him. Going left was not an option (funny how fast the brain can work). Went down hard on shoulder with some minor damage to the FB. Hospital said its ok. Rode 4 days to return to Saigon where they tell me its fractured, and if I ride another day it will be a break!

Statistically speaking I have some good years of riding ahead of me!

Well okay. I guess this thread was brought up again for a reason. Confession. It just so happens that I fell over on our trip this past weekend. We packed the bikes and, since it was cold and rainy, I put on several layers: long johns, flannel lined jeans, rubber lined rain suit..... Went to go forward, too slow, couldn't move at all. My legs were stuck.l..... yep, it was another sighting of Arte Johnson on the tricycle. Over I went. Thank goodness for crash bars. Husband was embarrassed as much as I was. The rain suit came off and we were on our way again. I miss warm weather......

Well okay. I guess this thread was brought up again for a reason. Confession. It just so happens that I fell over on our trip this past weekend. We packed the bikes and, since it was cold and rainy, I put on several layers: long johns, flannel lined jeans, rubber lined rain suit..... Went to go forward, too slow, couldn't move at all. My legs were stuck.l..... yep, it was another sighting of Arte Johnson on the tricycle. Over I went. Thank goodness for crash bars. Husband was embarrassed as much as I was. The rain suit came off and we were on our way again. I miss warm weather......

Good for you you were not hurt just a bit of pride, but it happens to us all some just wont fess up,Keep riding and smiling:rider

Back