free website stats program The have & the have nots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The have & the have nots

Been there on the off roaders more than I can remember and quite a few hard ones. KNOCK ON WOOD! Nothing ever broken but brusied badly.

The Heritage tried to go down in about 4" of soft icey snow in the driveway when I was taking it out to get inspected. I saved it, tore a tendon blood bruise from butt to knee really ugly.

Oh boy that story brings back memories of the two times I was barely moving and became a victim of Loose gravel. I was on my Honda 550-4 back in the latter 1970's. When you are turning and that front tire looses resistance with the pavement when you are moving...LOOK OUT!
No injury or damage, but mercy sakes that cement is hard!
So yes I have been down twice, and those experiences have never dimmed from my memory!

Front brake when low speed manuevering will throw you on the ground so fast you will think you have been hit by piano.

Glad you're OK.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I think the Club is actually the "Haves and the Have Not Yets"!

Charter member of the Haves!!

TQ

I'm a 'have'....twice in the last two years. Both times, not really moving..just moving the bike around. I'm little..it's big...I lost. And, I can lift it myself and have been 'gimping' around for the last month to prove it.

Im a have on a few occasions but its been a while

Brian

I think the Club is actually the "Haves and the Have Not Yets"!

Charter member of the Haves!!

TQ

+1 on what TQ said......

A wise old man told me, after I dropped my ultra the first time, that if you haven't dopped it, you ain't riddin' it enough!! :bigsmiley10: That front break at a low speed will do it to you every time!!

I have had a few close calls with them California stops. Really should just stop!!!
I think this post may make STOP LOOK then GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for your spill but glad to were not hurt to bad.
Be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back