free website stats program Sportster manly? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster manly?

The Sportster came out as a flat track racer and it did well.. Many who call it a girls bike Don't ride one or never did... Many New riders now days get their girl Partner a HD sportster and think it is a starter bike and put them on it.

Yes it can be a starter bike but LUCKY for the one who gets it..

I have had different sportsters over the years and bought my 06 1200 R as a retirement gift to my self.... I would NO More put a newbee on that bike.

It is a Beautiful bike that is a Harley. Even geezer thought it a beauty when down from Canada. EH,, geez

Now the truth is IT Takes A good MAN or a Woman to ride that bike.. I put on 40,0000 miles as of today and Most of the 34,000 miles done in Az, NM,Calif,Utha, colo, Texas,Nevada,Mexico.... early on in 05/06/07

NICE retirement gift to Me... And Looks,rides,runs, as new Now as it did then...

Other than a few times I have Never had anybody Kidd or say it is a Girly bike..:newsmile064:

For ONE, I would Not put up with a rider who said that.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

I think a Sporster is a great starter bike. If you can ride a sporty, you can ride anything. Had a female friend who bought a Sporster and had never rode a bike before. She learned on it and could ride it well. She was scared to ride my Heritage because she thought it was too big. Finally got her on it and she couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride. She bought a Heritage a week later. You have to drive a Sporster where you just ride a softail. I liked to ride her sporty but not for long trips. JMO

I'd stand my ol 05 XL1200C against any other HD model anyday...if I still owned it...;)

Seriously, Sportsters are similar class as VROD...lightweight, nimble & fun to ride. I'm going to own another someday...when kids are out of school...

I'd stand my ol 05 XL1200C against any other HD model anyday...if I still owned it...;)

Seriously, Sportsters are similar class as VROD...lightweight, nimble & fun to ride. I'm going to own another someday...when kids are out of school...

Being you don't still own it......My RK would eat it up :lolrolling

I bought a Sportster new in 88, rode it to Sturgis and back, it was a great bike, but The Redhead was not comfortable, I traded up to a FLHS What a difference , Around town they are not bad IMO Before I bought the Sportster I had a 1960 FL, biggest mistake was selling that bike

Ahhhhhhh! My wife rides a sportster! Nothing wrong with them. I have done test rides on the Mrs.' and just can not get used to the feel of her bike having cut my teeth on a FLHTCU. That being said, I don't think they are a girlie bike, except the purple ones, maybe.......just kidding!

Threads like this are part of the reason that I decided against a Sportster. Seems like a lot of Sportster owners (on line and in person) spend a lot of time arguing that the Sporty is not a "girl's bike" or a "budget ride".

Threads like this are part of the reason that I decided against a Sportster. Seems like a lot of Sportster owners (on line and in person) spend a lot of time arguing that the Sporty is not a "girl's bike" or a "budget ride".

Well It can certainly be ALL those things.. Each rider has their Own points of view...

Just some are Not as RIGHT as Yours and Mine..:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Being you don't still own it......My RK would eat it up :lolrolling

I have to think you'd have some type of trick(s) up your sleeve glider and the RK probably would put most bike's to shame in a stand-off. I'm not taking this callenge unless you wrench my bike too...:newsmile011:

I have to think you'd have some type of trick(s) up your sleeve glider and the RK probably would put most bike's to shame in a stand-off. I'm not taking this callenge unless you wrench my bike too...:newsmile011:

Careful Iceman24,,, the only wrenchin' Glider will do on your bike is the MONKEY WRENCHIN'..:newsmile100:... Remember His avatar a while back.:Banane19::lero

signed....BUBBIE

Back