free website stats program Sir BUBBIE ? | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sir BUBBIE ?

Thanks Sir Bubbie, however, my husband may think that my post count is kind of low. :p He thinks I talk a lot. :rofl:bigsmiley4:

And, a big thanks to Speed for making things right. :s It's acts such as this that keep me here. :s
:thanks:thanks:hii:hii

Sir BUBBIE,
Hopping on board late in the game, but just wanted to say thanks (as well to all) for the great advise and time we have on the forum.
John

NEWHD74FAN, I can't really describe the taste, but it was very nice. The thing is to remove the fact from your mind you are eating a cute, cuddly marsupial, and our national emblem........

Tell'em about the taste of croc TW! Slightly fishy with texture of chicken - really good as long as you don't have to go out and catch it yourself :D.
I think Bubbie would prefer pork chops.......

Tell'em about the taste of croc TW! Slightly fishy with texture of chicken - really good as long as you don't have to go out and catch it yourself :D.
I think Bubbie would prefer pork chops.......

Never had croc but have eaten plenty gator. In the old days (back before stricter game commission enforcement) we used to catch them up to 6 ft long by casting a large top water lure on real heavy saltwater line. When they bite they do the death roll and it literally wraps them up in the heavy line. We simply reeled them in, shot um in the head with a 22 and cleaned them up. Those smaller ones taste better than the biguns anyho. I like fried the best, but have barbequed um.

Nowdays down here in Florida, there are so many big gators (some 14 ft) that once a yr they open season on them. Cost quite a bit to buy a permit but know some guys that still do it. They go for the big ones since the hides are worth the money. They use various size John boats with different methods, but it can get quite physical doing it that way. I'm too old for that now. Gator is excellent eating though.

Nowdays down here in Florida, there are so many big gators (some 14 ft) that once a yr they open season on them. Cost quite a bit to buy a permit but know some guys that still do it. They go for the big ones since the hides are worth the money. They use various size John boats with different methods, but it can get quite physical doing it that way. I'm too old for that now. Gator is excellent eating though.

YES I do Prefer "Pork Chops" now Isn't that fitting because we do Talk "HOG" on this site..

I saw a program called "Sons Of Guns", this shop builds RED JACKET fire arms. They made a special straight tube type shooter, with a special Load to NOT damage the hide But Kill the crock/alligators Humanely.. Instead of wrapping-up in a line or several misses with the 22.
They also talked about BBQ the crocks.

Cederbrook63 is RIGHT , I do LIKE "Pork Chops".:yahoo

signed....BUBBIE

YES I do Prefer "Pork Chops" now Isn't that fitting because we do Talk "HOG" on this site..

I saw a program called "Sons Of Guns", this shop builds RED JACKET fire arms. They made a special straight tube type shooter, with a special Load to NOT damage the hide But Kill the crock/alligators Humanely.. Instead of wrapping-up in a line or several misses with the 22.

signed....BUBBIE

Sir Bubbie I thought the Boss was just ribbing you the whole time about the Chops:s

... .... ... ....
They made a special straight tube type shooter, with a special Load to NOT damage the hide But Kill the crock/alligators Humanely.. Instead of wrapping-up in a line or several misses with the 22.

signed....BUBBIE

We never did the several misses part BUBBIE. One shot to the head and he's out like a tylenol PM. Once you get him reeled in he's so tired he don't move around much. The John boat guys also use a gun, same way one 22 shot to the head. I've heard of some characters using a baseball bat, one even had the gator come back too in the boat, things got real interesting then.

My Dad (rest his soul) raised me never to mistreat or be cruel to any animal. He always made my brother and I eat everything we killed hunting. My brother had to eat a woodpecker once. We always shoot to kill but never kill indiscrimintely.

If a gator gets you in the water he is not quite so humane though, he's gonna twist you around some and break your limbs and then he's gonna take you down and drown you. Also my Dad broke a guys jaw once for throwing a cat overboard when he was in the Navy.

Later guy... uh excuse me SIR BUBBIE.

signed....BUBBIE

Not being critical at all toward your method of Kill.. This is just the way it was said on their program..

IF I had to eat all the Rats My dad and brothers would shoot at night using a flashlight and .22's,,,, at a local garbage dump I would Never Need another meal for years to come..

It being a contest to see Who could KILL the most.. We Preached it was Just FOOD for the other Rats to eat...

Glad I'm NOT that way today..

A wood-pecker , I could of stomached that over Rat..

signed....BUBBIE

Not being critical at all toward your method of Kill.. This is just the way it was said on their program..

IF I had to eat all the Rats My dad and brothers would shoot at night using a flashlight and .22's,,,, at a local garbage dump I would Never Need another meal for years to come..

It being a contest to see Who could KILL the most.. We Preached it was Just FOOD for the other Rats to eat...

Glad I'm NOT that way today..

A wood-pecker , I could of stomached that over Rat..

signed....BUBBIE

Well they had some pretty meaty rats in Viet Nam. The Vietnamese ate them. I've seen some of um there a foot long not counting the tail, (honest on the bible). We used to have to nail the rat traps to the wood floors we had in our tents or the rats would walk off with the trap around their head. We still would have to get out of our bunk and kill them with a machete or they would eventually wiggle loose. One guy got bit by one in his sleep and had to get the shots. Back then they used the big needle.

Anyhow they were preetty meaty. Oh and I know you weren't being critical, I just wanted to make sure people understood we weren't that bad a shots. BUBBIE if you are ever in Central Florida you just drop by my house and I will barbeque you a big pork chop. RWB

Back