free website stats program Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

Vote for the location of the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

• Cheaha State Park near Talladega, AL

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Salt Springs, FL

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Texas Hill Country, Kerrville/Concan, TX

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

Not that it is terribly relevant but l was either going to Arizona or Florida this February so I think I'll go to Arizona next February. A few have said Arizona is actually better weather than Florida in February... I hope to find out. ..So I'm letting the boys in Arizona know so they can head to Alabamahahaha.
WAP.gif

re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

I like Tank's ideas too! Looks like a great place to ride.

Wonder if it's possible to have split meetings? Fall meet and a Spring meet?

April of 2014 just seems a long time from now.

I like Tank's ideas too! Looks like a great place to ride.

Wonder if it's possible to have split meetings? Fall meet and a Spring meet?

April of 2014 just seems a long time from now.

This is 1 of the main reasons behind this thread, to gather info and interests on when and where:D

I have one more thought about the "when" to have our gathering. February might be a bad month for our Northern members to get out for an event like this. They are still snow bound in many areas.

It might be better to move the "when" to April so that more of our Northern members can come down without having to risk ice, snow and frostbite. :s

As Tank has mentioned a central location would be probably attract more members. I am definitely in favor of a latter month for the warmer weather, but we should also keep in mind this is a tribute to Kemo as well.

I feel that there is such a solid base of Florida area and Canadian snowbird riders that love the Salt Springs area (and rightly so) that there will be a gathering there for the foreseeable future. It is a great spot except you should be warned that it is easy to get directionally confused. Even with a GPS.

I feel that there is such a solid base of Florida area and Canadian snowbird riders that love the Salt Springs area (and rightly so) that there will be a gathering there for the foreseeable future. It is a great spot except you should be warned that it is easy to get directionally confused. Even with a GPS.

Even if we have a meet elsewhere I will keep going back to Salt Springs. That doesn't mean that I wont go to the other meet.
As far as the GPS and your cell phone, you may as well leave them in the cottage after you get to the forest.:D

As Tank has mentioned a central location would be probably attract more members. I am definitely in favor of a latter month for the warmer weather, but we should also keep in mind this is a tribute to Kemo as well.

Two great points here that are the reasons Salt Springs is what it is to this point. Kemo being the main one.

Two great points here that are the reasons Salt Springs is what it is to this point. Kemo being the main one.

agree 1000% that still needs to happen, i had no idea what i was getting into when i went there but was received with open arms (jack took the photo) i think that the Salt-springs get together needs to keep happening. there is just too much to miss out on if you don't go. remember this is for Kemo, if you knew him or not, it is about a guy many of us knew (but i never met) and respected.
however many of us are from everywhere and we ALL need to think of where and when, in my eyes it doesn't matter how many of us there are at a gathering. just that we gathered i would ride 500 miles to meet 2 from the forum. just make sure i have a nice ride to get there.

Last night I read through a good portion of the thread for last Feb. Salt Springs meet. I can tell all of you had an amazing time through the entire process. Many of you I see continued on with more fellowship immediately after leaving SS. Very special......very special. Before my read last night I already knew you all were a good group of guys that all shared a passion for riding and caring for Harley's but today I have much more respect for each of you. I won't be making any more suggestions about place or time because I it's not my place too. Those of you that make this forum what it is should have this privilege IMO.

Hope to meet all of you personally soon!!!!!!!!!

Ride safe!

OK Jack if everyone agrees do you want to attach a poll to this? Time is slipping away. 10 months till Feb. It will be upon us before plans are made. Not saying it has to be in Feb. just using that as a reference to time!!:D

Back