free website stats program Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

Vote for the location of the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

• Cheaha State Park near Talladega, AL

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Salt Springs, FL

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Texas Hill Country, Kerrville/Concan, TX

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

wow i am surprised that there is so little input to this thread....when i went out to saltsprings i did know a sole. i am so glad that i went i now have a pile of new best friends (although one cant take a photo to save his sole). so for all of you reading this thread give it some input, you would all be delightfully surprised...remember we can change it every year :D

re: Post Your Ideas Here On When and Where to Have the next Annual "Kemo" Memorial Ride and Gathering

It would be a pleasure to meet and buy a round or two of one's favorite beverage for the folks that have helped so much on here.
For me, I'll ride anywhere if work and family life allows. If it's outside of Texas, maybe us Rednecks meet and make the run.

Hill country is nice, slap some brisket in the smoker, sit around and ride more. If yer feeling frisky, go rattlesnake hunting.

I'll even bring a couple cameras............and take pictures. :rofl

I think its a great idea to get together, just need a date to plan a trip. Maybe some can meet around my area then ride to meet others. Lets ride its a freedom we still have for now.

I vote for Texas Hill Country. Was gonna ride the 3 sisters soon anyway, so that's a great deal for me. If it's gonna be there, I hear the motels and cabins get booked far in advance during prime riding season. It can get crowded. Also have to be very careful riding the sisters. Lots of twistys and someone always tries to go faster than he or she should and loses it. So ride first, drink later :D

It would be a pleasure to meet and buy a round or two of one's favorite beverage for the folks that have helped so much on here.
For me, I'll ride anywhere if work and family life allows. If it's outside of Texas, maybe us Rednecks meet and make the run.

Hill country is nice, slap some brisket in the smoker, sit around and ride more. If yer feeling frisky, go rattlesnake hunting.

I'll even bring a couple cameras............and take pictures. :rofl

I vote for Texas Hill Country. Was gonna ride the 3 sisters soon anyway, so that's a great deal for me. If it's gonna be there, I hear the motels and cabins get booked far in advance during prime riding season. It can get crowded. Also have to be very careful riding the sisters. Lots of twistys and someone always tries to go faster than he or she should and loses it. So ride first, drink later :D

sounds like we need a moderator to start a pool ....with some different suggestions... never know might turn to be a few in different parts at different times ..:rider:rider

never know i might just follow Joe for gumbo...no mater how far i have to ride..:smell:smell

Sturgis sounds like a pretty good idea. We would have to take into mind the restaurants will be full all the time, and unless you rent a cabin, (very few available), the motels are always reserved a year's head of time, but there's always tenting. Just a few things to keep in mind.

My vote would be for Cheaha St. Park. Alabama. Not only because of the mountain but Barber Motorsports and Talladega, incredible facilities!

My vote would be for Cheaha St. Park. Alabama. Not only because of the mountain but Barber Motorsports and Talladega, incredible facilities!

Don't know the area but this sounds like a great idea. Maybe a little south for some of our northern members, but it would make for a nice ride there for a lot of the members in the SE and SW. I really think it works best to plan the meet outside of other events in the area.

I'm not positive I can make this happen but I will look into it if anyone is interested. Being that Barber track was designed for motorcycle racing to begin with, it may be possible ,as a group, we will be allowed permission to drive around the track. Maybe at parade lap speeds or just above but that would be plenty good enough for me!

Back